Sign in to follow this  
Ajit car crazy

the decision time, choosing the right pick

guys here I'm back again, this time with business going well & mytdad telling me few things about the car and also after getting the quotes from dealer, I'm here to put down my ques. Well,my dad finally told me that after having 3 sedans already in garage and also to deal with the tremendous rough roads and water logged sections now its time to buy a luxury SUV. I was adviced last time to remap my budget, ane here my dad told me too after checking the files that we should be going with 45-50 lacs in hand. Now, in that price bracket I need a SUV which has real royal presence, has a snob badge with a good interior including good back seat to travel in leirure comfort and finally some ability to handle pure rough stuff.so I got the LR FREELANDER2 HSE & BMW X3 20d in my mind, now BMW is not having a good back seat,also we have 2 bimmers & I'm more lean to LR as its my dream since long to own a LR suv..a real suv..it also has more powerful engine compared to the Q5 and X3 small engind ver. Bigger engines r of no use here and we already have bimmer for pure sporty driving. Pls hurry up friends. I am to book the car in either this week or next week, I am completely overwhalmed by the 'LAND ROVER'badge, the real suv. Also the HSE would save me 4-5 lacs over the X3 & Q5. Now pls tell me is it a right choice in my position?? Also, how can I press the dealer about discounts?

You looked to me already leaning towards LR FL2...go for it..it is a gem in terms of refinement and luxury and yes has a great on road presence then a BMW or Audi ... because BMW/Audi are easily seen on the road...so kind of luxury royal feel you are looking for is only going to be provided by FL2.

hmm, I also think the very same.. FL2 is not very common, with the new looks and gusty presence it should turn heads as excluvisity oozes floodly..also, I wish to get the Fuji White HSE if all go right..so, will that be a wise choice depending on my priorities?

I want utmost toughness with softy luxury and ultimate indulgance and excluvisity..also, pls let me know the discounts the much I can force thedealer for. My dealer is Lexus Motors, Kolkata.

Thanks in advance to all..

Hope U guys will surely get me right things to take right decision at this seemingly 11th Hour..

if you are looking for a snob badge with comfortable interiors, i would suggest you check out the merc's m250. it's the newest and the most spacious among the competition. an all new freelander is coming very soon, but only if you are ready to wait a few months.

If royal and luxury are the words coming from you- then my personal choice would be to go with the Evoque. I know its not as huge as the LR FREELANDER2 but Hey! it's just me!

today it was May day,also I got my electric bills of 40 lacs to pay 4 my firms..thats insane anyway, I don't live in Kolkata, its Midnapore my place 150 km away from Kolkata, so I hope to get to the dealer by next week or so,then I'll test drive the FL & hope to book it..my budget wastnot to go more than 45-50 lacs,so now I'm dealing the dealer to crank out the best deal & discount possible. X3 20d is also in my mind, bt hey, I got already X1 & 320d Exclusive, now its time to ride Rover! I really dreamt for a Rover suv in my garage, also the one which will take the road in its own style, the 1 which can be really called a gorgeous really suv, not any fancy crossover.. I basically need a car which is royal on its own, has a badge to die for, a suv which is true SUV in its drive, my friend in Chennai had a 1st gen Merc. Ml long ago. Now he solm it off & trying to get a saloon later next year or sooner if he can..anyway, he told me driving a luxury suv really make the driver feel the king of the road..now,after getting used to with squeezing my car down the lane & swiftly through the trucks, I need to travel Royal class now..also,when the road is blockem I'ld take the path beside & simply go over that.. @BHP-junkie, Evoque isn't in my budget..oops!

Cherokee isn't my liking anyway, 'Jeep' badge is not so appealing to me like 'Land Rover'.

Pls I request all the guys now to help me on how Can I fetch the most discount possible from the dealer..how can I press the dealer down there?

BMW is giving me a discount of Rs. 1.8 lacs..how can I now get a discount of 2-2.5lacs discount from LR..?

Lexus Motors, Kolkata isn't very soft there as expected

oh guys, it is really hard to stand now, I was almost to book the FL2 HSE & then I got a call from dad saying me going over 50 lacs is risky now, well the final price I got 4 the FL2 is Rs. 50.15 lacs on road Kolkata. BMW X3 20d also comes after discount @ Rs. 49.95 lacs. in the meantime I casually called the Audi Kolkata & was not expecting a call from them, but to my surprise a Audi guy called me back & started giving me the prices. it was damn high for the whole Q5 range, 2.0 TDI premium costs 52 lacs & the 1 with Sat-nav. reverse camera is 57 lacs. I was almost to say him bye & suddenly he told me that they have a 2012 Q5 2.0 TDI fully loaded retailing at Rs. 57 lacs but they can a give whooping discount of 8 lacs & its now Rs. 49.7 lacs. it is the 2012 model, only the headlamp & front bumper is different lil bit in style. also I will get the most kits and the engine is same as now. as it is pre facelifted model can I press the dealer for more? I guess they are holding the car for quite a long time. getting it at around rs. 45-46 lacs would be just great, mind it is a top spec. model. also I read somewhere the Q5 just has little more backroom space than FL2. what should I do here?? should I press the dealer for more ???? will it be a good car overall? also my place doesn't have any Audi or Land Rover so far. pls c'mn guys and get me valuable suggestions

oh, I just got to know that the pre facelifted Q5 had a detuned Engine with lesser power, torque & ac. was much slower too,summing it all up,, I see he my heart says now FL2, but mind ouches a bit for the Q5,I could have bought it with such discounts if its a new model,but its older 1 means compromising on some counts & certainly I'm not ready for that,then I can otherwise get the new FL2 that looks retro style..but dealer is giving me only 1 lac of discount despite knowing FL2 isn't doing well as the X3 or Q5 in the market..pls tell me how much I cantgive pressure the dealer to string back the price by a good margin again.

Pls pls help, I'm not getting replies..

Thanks 2 all again in advance