Sign in to follow this  
anirudh

re registeration of my car

my car is a 2002 model registerd in punjab and valid upto 2017.i intend to keep the car therafter also.how do i get it rerregistered in my home stte and at what juncture - i mean before the registeration expires.how early can i do it

Dear anirudh,

As I understand it your 2002 car is registered in Punjab and the RC is valid thru 2017.

And, you want to re-register it in your home state. Why ? Is your home state is different ?

Does it mean that you are using the car in a different state for a long time ?

If it is so, you are advised to get the Punjab-registered-car `transferred' and `re-registered' in

your current state immediately. Usually the traffic cops and RTA guys insist that you change

your RC to show your current place of residence and ownership. If you travel often to Punjab,

where the car is registered, you may argue with them that you are a casual visitor to your

current state and wish to go back in a week or two. You are required to keep the toll gate

receipts to show that the car has recently entered the current state on a purely temporary basis

and wish to go back after a short stay. If not, they have the authority to impound the vehicle and

book you/your car.

As and when the RC expires, you may get it `re-validated' for another 5 years each time within

30 days of expiry (whether the car is then registered in Punjab or in any other state). Normally,

RTA will not extend it before it's expiry (2017 in your case).

dera ramesh i ve had no hassles with anyone neither the rto nor the cops but what can i do after the registeration expires in 2017-renew it from punjab(too far from my place) or else renew it from my hometown dehradun amd in that latters case do i have to get a noc from rto punjab or not

We have specified set of rules set by the RTO. These authorities ensure the proper functioning and the safety of our fellow road-partners.

Every car in India is fit to drive on road for 15 years max. After that, you wil have to get it re-certified and obtain a fitness certificate so as to renew your RC and keep it running as ever.

This can be done by visiting your concerned area authority and filling up the Form 25(as in Punjab Government).

The concerned officer will then fix an appointment and will call you along with your vehicle for closer inspection.

(Note: Your vehicle should be in perfect condition, from engine to tyres and brakes)

If the officer want to, he/she can drive and check your vehicle condition.

After the clearance is given to your vehicle, you can procees with the formalities of the Renewal of your RC.

submit a nominal fee for renewal of RC.

Fee charges of Renewal of RC in Punjab is-

Fees

Issue or Renewal of Certificate of Registration. S.No. Type of Vehicle Amount 1. Invalid carriage Rs.20/- Motor Cycle Rs.60/- Light Motor Vehicle i) Non-Transport Rs.200/- ii) Light commercial Vehicle Rs.300/- MGV/MPV Rs.400/- HPV/HGV Rs.600/- Imported Motor Vehicle Rs.800/- Imported Motor Cycle Rs.200/- Any other Vehicle not mentioned above Rs.300/- 2. Issue of duplicate certificate of registration Half of the fee mentioned against Serial No.1 3. Transfer of ownership Half of the fee mentioned against Serial No.1 4. Change of Residence Rs.20/- 5. Alteration in the certificate of registration Rs.50/-

Amount Payable for belated applications for vehicles other than transport vehicles

Correction-

This can be done by visiting your concerned area authority and filling up the Form 25(as in Punjab).

(After the clearance is given to your vehicle, you can proceed with the formalities of the Renewal of your RC.

submit a nominal fee for renewal of RC.)

dera ramesh i ve had no hassles with anyone neither the rto nor the cops but what can i do after the registeration expires in 2017-renew it from punjab(too far from my place) or else renew it from my hometown dehradun amd in that latters case do i have to get a noc from rto punjab or not

RTA job is a state subject.

You can not do RTA related jobs from a different state.

You need to go to Punjab, take the vehicle along with you and give it for

a detailed examination and the needed approval by a RTO. Usually, they

will ask for a local address proof and the physical presence of the owner.

If you do not have the local address proof (of Punjab), you need to get the

vehicle transferred to your current state (Uttarakhand) and get it re-registered

in your name with the current address proof.

You need to get NOC from Punjab, before applying in UK.