Sign in to follow this  
surajvtec

Is 1 mono block enough to run 2 woofers?

Hi all,

This is my first thread. I have a honda city i-vtec, and I have a question regarding an upgrade that I need to make. So, at present I am running 6 speakers(4 speakers came as company fittings, Ive added 2 more at the back[powered by a boston amp]) The head is the same as provided by Honda. It is an integrated head. I have bought 2 woofers already and now I am confused as to what mono block to get. Or should I get a 4-ch Amp? I am super confused. The big question in my mind is that can just 1 mono block run 2 woofers?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/JVC-KS-AX3101D-Class-D-Monoblock-800W-Amplifier-New-Bill-1Yr-Warranty-/310650006756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item48542eece4&_uhb=1

This is the amp ive zeroed upon right now. Also I cannot change the head unit. Hence i will have to use convertors.

Can you please mention the ohm (it should be mentioned on your Sub box) of your sub you have bought? coz that would clear the muddle!

According to your link - your amp can hold an Output of 250W x 1 into 4 ohms at 20 - 200Hz & 400W x 1 into 2 ohms at 20 - 200Hz.

So you have to be pretty specific about the power of the subs you have bought!

I not much of an audiophile but I think a 4 channel amp would be better. Where do you plan to fit the woofers?

I think i didnt understand your question properly, but from what i understood, Im not going to fit them in. I am just gonna keep them in an enclosure in the boot.

Can you please mention the ohm (it should be mentioned on your Sub box) of your sub you have bought? coz that would clear the muddle!

According to your link - your amp can hold an Output of 250W x 1 into 4 ohms at 20 - 200Hz & 400W x 1 into 2 ohms at 20 - 200Hz.

So you have to be pretty specific about the power of the subs you have bought!

You've mentioned too many technicalities! Bouncers to me! I dont know much about Audio too like prancinghorse. Will be letting you know the Ohms soon.