Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Mercedes unveils A Class A180. Launch on May 30th.

Looks stunning in flesh. But I feel 20L plus tag might not attract many customers. Lets not forget its only a 108bhp Hatch at the end of the day. Yes it is a Merc, I dont deny though.

Looks stunning in flesh. But I feel 20L plus tag might not attract many customers. Lets not forget its only a 108bhp Hatch at the end of the day. Yes it is a Merc, I dont deny though.

Also add the decade(s) old Nissan engine underneath, this is bound to have high NVH.

I dont think Mercedes is expecting sales out of this product. The market has turned too competitive and hence Niche products have become a necessity. Every manufacturer is trying to do something different. The Polo GT has been the Niche product so far. The Punto Abarth may beat it though.

I dont think Mercedes is expecting sales out of this product. The market has turned too competitive and hence Niche products have become a necessity. Every manufacturer is trying to do something different. The Polo GT has been the Niche product so far. The Punto Abarth may beat it though.

Infact I feel the other way around. Merc is really looking to get good sales for the A Class. With the A Class they plan to bring the Mercedes badge into the more affordable category. But then again all this depends on the prices. A under 20 lakh ex showroom price is very important. The K9K is a proven engine but it really doesnt sound nice to know that you have a Renault engine under the hood of your Mercedes.

Another off topic thought. If the A diesel is getting an AT box mated to the K9K, how difficult is it for Renault to mate an AT box for the Duster and the Scala diesel.

The K9K is a proven engine but it really doesnt sound nice to know that you have a Renault engine under the hood of your Mercedes.

Another off topic thought. If the A diesel is getting an AT box mated to the K9K, how difficult is it for Renault to mate an AT box for the Duster and the Scala diesel.

Theres a bit of a confusion here, to clarify the A180 (diesel) is having the 1.8 L engine not the 1.5 K9K.

The 1.5 K9K is only avaialble in the M/T

Just checked the Mercedes UK website & heres the screenshot for the same;

post-8809-0-96675400-1367661681_thumb.jp

Theres a bit of a confusion here, to clarify the A180 (diesel) is having the 1.8 L engine not the 1.5 K9K.

The 1.5 K9K is only avaialble in the M/T

Just checked the Mercedes UK website & heres the screenshot for the same;

post-8809-0-96675400-1367661681_thumb.jp

Oops , kindly ignore the earlier image;

post-8809-0-77631800-1367662132_thumb.jp

Car A merc is proxy promotion of Renault, to show respect the Brand Renault. Mercedes in India for niche market (High end company executive or business class)...where sports car portray or give little different image.

Looks wise it has to be awesome being a Merc...but price is way too high. That is too when people are moving towards big SUV and at this time at a price of 20L people would still like to go for SUV then a hatch.

I don't think that company is planning Rs. 20L + price tag.

Because they might not be intending to eat up into already slow selling B-class which retails somewhere in that range only.

I don't find any issue if they are using K9K under the hood, it a gem. Who doen't want ultra-efficient luxury car??

But NVH and refinement should be brought to Merc standards..

A think A-class prices will range between 17-20 lakhs bracket.