Hi all,

i am planning to buy my first car in bangalore.Budget up to 7 Lakh onroad.

Cars short listed are-swift ZXI ,i 10 asta, Ford figo Titanium,Honda Amaze SMT,Swift Dzire VXI.My average distance travelled is around 200 km per month.Car will be mostly used in city with occasionaly in rough roads & on highway.Car will be driven by me(still learning driving).

i'm loking for a car with good riding & handling characteristics.It shoud have adequate leg space & comfort.It should have low cost of ownership as i intend to keep the car for long.It should have good service network & aftersales service must be good.Safety feature required or not(confused a bit)

please suggest me.

My suggest would be the i20 as it is powered by a brilliant engine and packed with a lot of goodies in the inside too. Hyundai's maintenance also not to be a problem as far as i'm concerened. The Ecosport can be another option too as librankur rightly said but you gotta wait for a while.. Cheers.

Just a question? Is that a typo, did you mean 2000 kms per month? I would suggest you to pick between the Amaze and the Dzire. Both are very capable cars. The Honda is a new car and if you are buying the petrol you should probably get it quickly too. Have you thought of buying an automatic?

Hi Mr. Sushil

Taking into consideration of your needs and the cars you shortlisted above the main contenders should be the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Honda Amaze, although both cars fall into different yet same categories! Let me explain:-

(1.) Swift ZXI - A really great car and a segment leader with the world winning 1.2 L k series VTVT petrol engine churning out a good 86 bhp and 112 NM torque (if i am not wrong). Ride and handling best for a hatchback, also refer to the Autocar India Magazine's petrol hatchback shootout, which is suggested as a winner. If you drive alone and really less with family. Also it performs great on highways with it's free revving engine and the fuel economy is also near 14-15 kmpl when driven hard plus Maruti's reliability is no issue and resale is also one of the best if you plan to sell it even after few years.

(2.) Honda Amaze - A great new product made by Honda motors is simply astonishing with it's great ride and handling and the world renowned 1.2 L Honda petrol motor making a class leading 89 bhp and 116 NM torque. It bears a great ride and handling characteristic and the motors is a real star with it's high revving nature the 0 -100 kmph timings are wow but this engine has a weak mid range thus needs constant downshifting esp. in traffic. this driveability reduces a lot than Maruti's engine. A great rear space and roomy cabin with practicality of a big boot and Honda's quality this product is really a charm. also the fuel average by motor is nearlly 15 kmpl! But the resale may suffer a bit if you sell it along a Maruti.

So, decide according to your needs.

Cars short listed are-swift ZXI ,i 10 asta, Ford figo Titanium,Honda Amaze SMT,Swift Dzire VXI.

My average distance 200 km per month, mostly used in city

i'm loking for a car with good riding & handling characteristics.It shoud have adequate leg space & comfort.

It should have low cost of ownership.It should have good service network & aftersales service must be good.

Forget about Figo as Ford's long term ownership is still a doubtful area.

Forget Dzire Vxi, why to go for Dzire when in the same or lesser price you get better cabin room, better boot space, features and VFM product in the form of AMAZE. As far as, long term ownership of Honda is concerned, ask any Honda owner in India, they will give you real picture. Honda cars are meant to last long and if you can take care of regular servicing needs then the car is going to with stand 10 years easily. I have personally experienced this so can say confidently.

Between Swift Zxi and i20 Asta...i20 has better cabin feel. I mean you get hell lot of stuff in the price it comes. 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, etc....all. Swift on the other hand is a cult car. Sporty suspension, excellent highway drives, Zxi comes with 2 Airbags ABS, EBD etc. But it does not match in terms of goodies i20 offers. So if you want driving pleasure, go for Swift otherwise i20 is the best.

Safety feature required or not(confused a bit)

Wow...I think they are must. When you have 7L budget than why are you willing to compromise? If I were in your shoe, I would say I NEED SAFETY. So please do not be confused and get the most security featured car.

Edited by Sstar