Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Pics: Audi A3 sedan caught testing in China

Here are pics of the Audi A3 sedan which has been caught testing in China. The car was officially unveiled at Auto Shanghai 2013.

The new A3, is equipped with a maximum output power of 140 hp, a peak torque 250N.m 1.4TFSI engine, and a 170 horsepower, 250N.m 1.8TFSI engine and one unpublished data 2.0TFSI engine for the Chinese market.

This could be the perfect entry level sedan for Audi in India and will probably be here next year. India is sure to get a diesel motor for sure the tried and tested 2.0 TDI.

post-7692-0-60714100-1368619552.jpgpost-7692-0-37529100-1368619555.jpg

Source: auto.ifeng.com

This will come to our shores next year I feel. New segment coming up, the A3, CLA and the BMW 1-series saloon which also may come here. But the question is, will you pay close to Rs 30 lakh for this?

Not even a penny more than 20 lacs on road for any of the three European cars. I personally feel that while all Europeans talk about is high build quality, most of their brands barring Mercedes manufacture least reliable cars which break down more frequently than they should. A prime example in the Indian context are VW and Skoda cars and the instances of parts failures in their cars. They need to learn a lot from their Japanese counterparts - Honda, Toyota, & Nissan, on how to build everlasting cars.

This will come to our shores next year I feel. New segment coming up, the A3, CLA and the BMW 1-series saloon which also may come here. But the question is, will you pay close to Rs 30 lakh for this?

I agree AMG1. These Germans are increasing price of their once sub 30 L product and on the other hands coming in with other sub 30L products. But it does not make much sense if someone buys like CLA at 30L