Kinshuk

City ZX Vtec vs. SX4 Zxi

i would take the city Vtec , more advanced in techinology , good reliability , Good fuel economy backed with HONDA badge

SX4 too is good , but i like the Vtec more

Regards,

priya

i would take the vtec.. though its expensive and it doesnt have the features of sx4.. the reason to buy honda city vtec is the engine.. and i am not saying sx4s engine is bad but the vtec is better.. buy the airbags and abs model..

The Honda. Better economy, performance (remember the non VTEC ran the SX4 pretty close in the ACI test), Image, reliability, Build Quality. I am not sure that Maruti has gone past the point where the chassis developed creaks after three years. Also, Honda retains its resale better then Maruti's.

See the confusion...i own and have been a honda owner even before Honda SIEL came into existance...I agree that there's value in Honda which Maruti cant offer but when you keep changing the face of a model every 6 months...where's the resale and upon that there's no loyalty discounts!!! They dont give a damn if you're an existing customer!

I bought a city in Dec 2004 (replacing my old city)...ZX was launched in early 2005...now a 10th Aniversary edn is out and soon a completely new model is slated to be launched around Oct 2008! (No upgrade offers for existing customers).

Look at the options at 10Lac price point...Corolla & Octavia...if I'm spending so much I'll buy a Civic or an Octavia!

One can be expected to buy a City at 8 Lacs (on road) but I think its a bit too much @ 9.10...kind of overselling!

Gone are the days when there was'nt any competition...Honda better pull-up its socks or risk loosing out loyal customers!

What say?

@kinshuk

The base variant of City ZX is EXi and will cost is more or less same as the SX4 ZXi which has almost all the features , and its value for money , though Honda city ZX is good , the SX4 will be good value for money car and as you said if youare spending ten lakhs you can go for CIVIC

Cheers!!!

Go for ZXi but put 15 inch alloys and thin tyre to get good FE even MR Sonabjee loved the grip of SX4 when he went to Mahabaleshwar but I think sticking to small tyre will increase FE without compromising GC.

Ppl I sent a link to this thread to Honda SIEL and this is what they sent me this evening....must say response from the company's end is very good this is the second time I have written to them and have recd a response within 24hrs!

Quoting email recd from Honda SIEL....

"Dear Sir ,

This is in reference to your mail dated January 21  , 2008.

We thank you for taking out the time to visit our showroom to view our new models and more importantly writing to us with your views. It is the true connoisseurs like your good self who take the time to tell us what you feel and give us an opportunity to serve you better.

You will appreciate  that  for the last 10 years the Honda City has reigned supreme as the best selling car in its class.The City's efficient engine is a jewel and possibly the best use of 77bhp we have ever seen.The interior packaging and the seat design are so meticulously thought out. Also  there's that overriding feeling of quality and refinement that clearly shows that Honda City is an excellent car by all standards in its segment.

You will  also acknowledge  that Honda cars have been appealing to masses across India and are renowned for their high quality standards. At Honda,  we at Honda believe in giving quality products that are  safer, more fuel efficient & environmentally friendly.

You will  also appreciate that all our products are of its own class and quality, However we have forwarded your feedback to the concerned department.

For any further concern/query, please feel free to contact Honda One 2 One at 1800-113-121 &  011-39898918.

We solicit your kind understanding on the matter and wish you safe and happy motoring in times to come.

Regards,
"

Cheers!

Kinshuk

Whats theFe of the V-TEC.

Around 12 - 13 in city and 16 in highways , i personally driven the City Vtec 06 model , and it was dammn good , the alloys were very thick and offer a great ride , i drove both in city and highway and i felt the rie quality was better the Sx4 , but the thing is it costs 1 lakh rs more

Cheers!!!

My 2004 idsi gives 15 in city...dont do too much highway driving!

0-100: I think its more of a paper discussion...how often do we get an opportunity to do a 0-60 before hitting a red light or a pothole or a motorbike or a cycle or a pedistrian!!smiley36.gif

Cheers!