prakreet

suggestion needed for buying a 125-150cc bike

Guys, after years of using my mom's an activa my parents agreed to buy me a bike. I want a bike in 125-150cc category. My budget is around 75k.

My priorities are good milege(>50kmpl), good comfort for rider and pilion, youthful looks. I will keep this bike is for a long term. My friends suggested that only 2 companies make bikes for my requirements: hero and honda.

After initial research the bikes I found are: hero hunk, honda unicorn, honda cb trigger. I couldn't find any reviews of trigger. I included it here since it is the update of unicorn. Is there another bike that I should be considering. Since this is the only bike I am going to get, I can wait for about 6 months if some new model is going to be released. My height is 5.5 feet.

You should I think wait for another 2/3 months as Bajaj is planing 6 new motercycles in this year itself...and one of them could be pulsar 125Cc with KTM engine...which would be power like of 150 CC& milege of 125 with aggressive looks of pulsar 200 NS.

Edited by Sstar

You should I think wait for another 2/3 months as Bajaj is planing 6 new motercycles in this year itself...and one of them could be pulsar 125Cc with KTM engine...which would be power like of 150 CC& milege of 125 with aggressive looks of pulsar 200 NS.

Totally agree! Don't restrict yourself to Honda and Hero and do check out other brands like Yamaha and Bajaj as well. Ride all the models parked in the showroom (keeping the budget out of mind for a while) and then see which one gives you the maximum pleasure in terms of ride comfort, style etc. Trust you would be using it for at least 3-5 years and hence it is important to not restrict yourself to only Honda and Hero at this stage. Always wear a Helmet and Happy Riding!

I could stretch the budget a little if needed and I plan to keep the bike for at least 6-7 years. I have ridden the Yamaha FZ but I found its riding position a lean forward. My arms start aching after a distance. I am not a very sporty rider. I like hero and honda bikes due to their almost upright riding posture.

I really liked the design of Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. If that design is offered in a 125-150cc package with good milege, then it is a must consider.

riends I am in need of a basic bike immediately . The following are my requirements, please suggest good options .

1)My usage will be for a year's time here in Bangalore and later I will take the bike to my native . So the most important consideration is the life of the bike . It should last at least for another 15 years without big mechanical issues. However for the next 15 years it may not even cover 1500-2000 kms . It is just for spare usage whenever we visit our native . Ultimately I need to use the bike once in 3 months and therefore there should not be any issues after a start the bike even after 3-4 months .For your information my dad's cd100ss 1993 model was fine for these many years . Just now it failed .

2)It is least probable that I may resell the bike after a year's usage in Bangalore itself instead of taking it to my native as mentioned earlier . Just in case if I plan to resell I shouldn't lose a lot of money on resale .

3)I am a heavy guy so the bike should at least look slightly big .

My short listings are .

All hero bikes looked very much out dated and ugly .I finally zeroed towards Twister and discover 100T . My budget is close to 60-62k and other options are also a welcome . Please suggest .