Well well still in a dilemma eh..

Well since youre already in love with the A Class I guess that says it all. I did have the A Class petrol with me for a couple of days. It looks gorgeous without a doubt and not really very small either. It does turn heads wherever it goes and is loaded with a lot of kit. However the petrol motor was disappointing. While the car is good in urban traffic, it is strictly a cruiser on the highway. Overtaking needs planning and the gearbox is not that quick to respond. Interiors fit and finish it is top notch and handles quite well for a FWD.

I havent driven the diesel but I guess you have. How was it?

If you say the C220 Sport is better value I guess you could go for it but the A Class is brand new car and does all the things right really. Quite sad to see Xenons and sunroof being omitted from the C though

I would stick to the A

P.S what happened to the Volvo S60 plan?

Well well still in a dilemma eh..

Well since youre already in love with the A Class I guess that says it all. I did have the A Class petrol with me for a couple of days. It looks gorgeous without a doubt and not really very small either. It does turn heads wherever it goes and is loaded with a lot of kit. However the petrol motor was disappointing. While the car is good in urban traffic, it is strictly a cruiser on the highway. Overtaking needs planning and the gearbox is not that quick to respond. Interiors fit and finish it is top notch and handles quite well for a FWD.

I havent driven the diesel but I guess you have. How was it?

If you say the C220 Sport is better value I guess you could go for it but the A Class is brand new car and does all the things right really. Quite sad to see Xenons and sunroof being omitted from the C though

I would stick to the A

P.S what happened to the Volvo S60 plan?

Thanks Prancing horse. 'A' is indeed a special car. I drove the diesel and it was ok. Nothing too overwhelming. There was a lot of traffic and it was more painful than fun. Wrong time to take a test drive. Anyway, engine was smooth, quick shifts and no jerky ness. MID showed an avg mileage of 14.8. That was because it was a test car.

Yes, the C class sport is slightly stripped down, but I think it better value than the Avantgarde trim. This car was a bomb. The power difference is clearly visible, little jerky but the burst of power is addictive. ( I can only imagine how much fun 320D would be) :P.

One thing, i saw the review videos of the A class and the press car is very well loaded, ( parking sensors, climate control, Camera, Large infotainment display, Facebook functionality, rear AC vents etc>) These features were absent on the car i saw or the CAR that mercedes is actually selling.

I am super confused, On one side i have a better car and on the other, A head turner.

Anyway, I might settle for a petrol A class (Love sunroof). Do you recommend it, WHat mileage did the car give, I Plan to keep the car for about 5 years. And based on reviews you must have read, how does it compare to the diesel.

ANd,, forgot about the volvo, It was a feb 2012 car, white volvo s60 D4 kinetic, priced almost similar to the A class. (1-2 lacs more). Did not drive it. Felt good to sit in but was very simple, no fuss car. It was a nice car, but did not feel very luxurious. My parents were put off by the really old inventory. ( 'A' felt better value).

I've heard b class diesel is going to be launched on 11th july, it's quite a spacious car and with a good usable and expandable boot.

Does anyone know its ground clearance?

I've heard b class diesel is going to be launched on 11th july, it's quite a spacious car and with a good usable and expandable boot.

Does anyone know its ground clearance?

I am not sure about the exact number, But its pretty good. Dosent scrape very easily. Mercedes fits the india spec cars with rough road package, that brings the ground clearance numbers to what most cars in the segment have. I would assume it must somewhere close to 140mm.

So since youve zeroed in on the A Class tell us more. Colour, delivery time frame etc?

Hehe.. I'll be buying a white A180 petrol. They have a car ready for delivery(Display car) or I can wait till August 1st week for a fresh piece. The car on display has done 40kms. I have decided to get a fresh car in august as this car had a lot of people jumping in and out. The booking is done. Waiting for the delivery. :)

BIG Question: What mileage can I expect out of it? (The SA said 13-14 kmpl)

Also can you please tell me what I need to take care of before taking delivery?

Thanks Prancing horse :)