dewank

Claiming insurance or going for no claim bonus.

My beloved optra magnum was the target of little brats of our sector. These kids were on a mango tree picking mangoes when a wannabe hero tried to take them down. The kids in a bid to escape him jumped straight down from the tree on to my car and left a big dent(or should I say a crater) on the right fender of my car.

The service centre guys gave an estimate of around Rs.6000 for the body work.

Should I claim insurance to get my car repaired or pay from my pocket and go for no claim bonus as my Insurance is going to expire in three weeks. Please advise.

what is the current percentage of NCB

If you think what you save by paying your insurance is greater than the repair job, walk away from the idea to have it claimed for.

Also plastic parts are not covered under claims (depending on your insurance type) so if there are many plastic parts involved in the claim which in your particular case i doubt , is an another indication not to go in for a claim.

My assumption is that if its a result of just a fall , no major paint chipping would have taken place , it thats the case, try getting a quote from a lesser workshop for having the thing straightened out without any paint job ,you will be surprised what a few hammers at the correct place can achieve.

Another option would be if you have a good body workshop known to you, you can get it repaired after market that you would be 40% of the price given by service station.

Update on the condition. Got the car fixed from Chevrolet Authorized Service station. Total bill amount was Rs. 3900/-

I didnt go for claiming insurance and paid cash itself as NCB@ 20% was around 4200/- so paying cash was a sensible idea.

The word done by Chevrolet guys is really impressive. Dent is completely gone and 100% paint matching. Really impressed with the service quality and service cost of Chevrolet.

Moderaters are requested to close the topic.

Thanks