NAGIAMRIT

Maruti Swift v/s Hyundai i20 - war of leading brands in market !!!!

With the launch of Maruti Swift back in year 2000, maruti gave a boosting start to a sporty iconic figure in its hatchback segement . Maruti Swift came with the price range sooting the middle car segment at the same time providing a sporty looks and 4-cylinder powered 1200cc engine, that took the image of maruti to next level. the engine gave 114 Nm @4000rpm wit h87 ps @ 6000 rpm power. The car was really stable at high speed with ground clearance of 170mm.

Later on with ruling the market for such a long time maruti came up with a new avatar of swift. The new swift is more muscular as compared to old version. The new avatar gave more leg space with improved option of seat adjustment. The boot space got refined giving a bulky back appearance with capacity of 232 litres quite sufficient for some weekend outings for a mid size family. Interior got an uplift with some crome finished dashboard. Suspensions are pretty good in the city and quite good on freeways.

This fat boy is competing neck on neck with its main rival hyundai i20 coming in the same segment with 1200cc engine delivering 84 ps @ 6000 rpm, power and 114 Nm@ 4000 rpm quite aligned with that of maruti swift.

But the main part that uplift i20 is the interiors, much upgraded and refined as compared to swift and sooting the taste of midsize car buyers. The boot space is also enhanced about 295 litres as compared to 232 litres that of maruti. The car is aerodynamically stable at high speeds plus a bit more comfortable as compared to maruti swift. Both the cars are loaded with EPS ( electronic power steering) that works pretty well while commuting in the city.

Both the cars come with diesel varient, the most preferred segment these days due to increasing petrol prices. Maruti is equiped with 1248cc engine ( fiat make the best in the class) delivering 75 ps@4000rpm power with 0 to 100 in 14 sec. the car recorded top speed of 160 km/hr. At the same time i20 comes loaded with 1396 cc CRDi engine delivering 90ps@4000rpm with better torque of 210Nm@1500-2750rpm compared to 170Nm of swift. The car comes with 6- speed manual transmission that makes it to move smoothly while driving on high speeds. B) Swift gives a bit odd feeling while driving on high speeds with 5 gears manual transmission seems like pushing at top gear to high speeds.

Anyways driving at high speeds should always be last option. Both the cars are ruling the market. i20 giving a tough competition to the market leader and making its place in the midsize car segment. Truley said with more options comes more confusion

!!!!

With the launch of Maruti Swift back in year 2000(2005), maruti gave a boosting start to a sporty iconic figure in its hatchback segement(Chevy SRV was first sporty hatch, Fiat S10 also can be) . Maruti Swift came with the price range sooting the middle car segment at the same time providing a sporty looks and 4-cylinder powered 1200cc(1300) engine, that took the image of maruti to next level(swift became a huge hit only after FIAT's engine). the engine gave 114 Nm @4000rpm wit h87 ps @ 6000 rpm power. The car was really stable at high speed with ground clearance of 170mm.

Later on with ruling the market for such a long time maruti came up with a new avatar of swift. The new swift is more muscular as compared to old version(Old version was much muscular). The new avatar gave more leg space with improved option of seat adjustment. The boot space got refined giving a bulky back appearance with capacity of 232 litres quite sufficient for some weekend outings for a mid size family. Interior got an uplift with some crome finished dashboard. Suspensions are pretty good in the city and quite good on freeways.

This fat boy is competing neck on neck with its main rival hyundai i20 coming in the same segment with 1200cc engine delivering 84 ps @ 6000 rpm, power and 114 Nm@ 4000 rpm quite aligned with that of maruti swift.

But the main part that uplift i20 is the interiors, much upgraded and refined as compared to swift and sooting the taste of midsize car buyers. The boot space is also enhanced about 295 litres as compared to 232 litres that of maruti. The car is aerodynamically stable at high speeds(at highspeeds, it behaves like a boat, needs lots of correction) plus a bit more comfortable( current Swift got much better ride) as compared to maruti swift. Both the cars are loaded with EPS ( electronic power steering) that works pretty well while commuting in the city.

Both the cars come with diesel varient, the most preferred segment these days due to increasing petrol prices. Maruti is equiped with 1248cc engine ( fiat make the best in the class) delivering 75 ps@4000rpm power with 0 to 100 in 14 sec. the car recorded top speed of 160 km/hr. At the same time i20 comes loaded with 1396 cc CRDi engine delivering 90ps@4000rpm with better torque of 210Nm@1500-2750rpm compared to 170Nm of swift. The car comes with 6- speed manual transmission(its just 5 speednow) that makes it to move smoothly while driving on high speeds. B)Swift gives a bit odd feeling while driving on high speeds(if swift is giving odd feeling, i20 should give you ooooooooooooddddddddddd feeling) with 5 gears manual transmission seems like pushing at top gear to high speeds.

Anyways driving at high speeds should always be last option. Both the cars are ruling the market. i20 giving a tough competition to the market leader (i20 selling 5k every month is no comparison to the 30k Swift(DZire included) sells every month)and making its place in the midsize car segment. Truley said with more options comes more confusion

!!!!

My reply in Red

i appreciate your idea.

maruti swift is the incarnation taken from its predessor suzuki cultus. The concept design started in the year 2000 and this was maruti's first of kind hatchback with sporty looks.(talking specifically for maruti).

The older swift was much comfortable and much smooth and one can push it upto max 170km/hr but the same with the new one is not that better. The handling od older swift was much more comfortable as compared to new avatar of swift.

The i20 deisel comes with 6-speed manul transmission and the controlling is really very easy on high speed as compared to that of swift. No doubt swift is good but still it comes with 5-speed transmission and that is a bit loady feeling.

The sales part of maruti as per recent news in declining as compared to that of hyundai.

No matter the above comparison is made only between maruti swift and hyundai i20. better options are also available depending upon one's own taste and choice .

Firstly the stats, the torque of the Swift D is 190 Nm and not 170 Nm as stated in the opening post. Secondly to harness the power on the highway, you need good vehicle dynamics which the I 20 clearly lacks, so I would say the superior power and torque figures of the I 20 against the Swift D are not going to cut much when it comes to having fun while on the roll during long distances.