creativebala

Honda Jazz - 2014, the real Swift Beater.

2014-Honda-Jazz-renders.jpg

Honda Jazz will get relaunched late this or early next year and fill in the void which it has left.

Old Honda Jazz was the best hatch in its time(must say much ahead of its time) was overpriced initially & lacked diesel.

The Upcoming Jazz will be priced competively (Honda should have learnt its lesson by now), get 1.5 powerful & Efficient Diesel Engine and has got excellent CRV like front looks.

So all in all,

The most Spacious Hatch,

The most FE Hatch(in its segment)

The most Powerful Hatch(again in its segment)

The most Sexy looking hatch.

We can expect a SUV out of this Jazz anytime after its launch.

All in all, I see a true Swift beater in this Jazz

Edited by creativebala

Honda on the right track!

Beating the Swift on Indian turf will not be an easy task & don't expect Maruti taking it lying down! For sure if priced right this car is capable of carving a niche for it in the segment.

Seeing the new plan of honda for the indian market with the launch of amaze i am compelled to say that the new jazz can surely beat the swift. Honda is emerging as a really strong maruti competitor. With amaze priced so competitevely it has already started eating out dzire's share, and with the launch of diesel engine, honda has removed the biggest hurdle it had in it's path. If i didn't know any better i would say honda has maruti right in their crosshair and they are slowly but surely coming close to hit the bull's eye.

Not only i think that "jazz" will give "swift" a run for its money but i think "honda" is gonna give "maruti" a run for its money in the near future.

This is gonna be rearly spacious hatch btu I wonder would it be under 4M? It does not like so especially from the pic.

Just add a Raised Bonnet, give bigger tyres, add grey plastic in the bottom, a Duster rival is ready

Elongate the body, an Ertiga rival is ready,

Keep it as it is, a swift/i20 rival is ready.

You have leaked the biggest news for the year 2014 ;)

Maruti will have something up its sleeve too to counter this . I am sure a 1.3 DDIS in the 90 bhp form would be a killer. A car selling 17 K units a month takes a lot to be given a push by anyone and for that Honda needs to do something so out of the box that the consumer is forced to look somewhere other than a maruti.

Honda Jazz, one of the most amazing and price worthy hatchback in the Indian Market. As discussed , it was over priced and lacked diesel motor. Honda reinvented itself by introducing its own diesel engine unlike Maruti Suzuki! The Jazz is an outstanding car in all aspects like looks, comfort, cabin space, equipment, etc. I would say it a small MPV because of its spacious interiors and boot space !It would definitely be a game changer ! People who are in the long waiting lists to get their booked Swifts' and Dzires' can now go for a better option Jazz and Amaze!! A tough competitor!

I was planning to buy a Honda Amaze, but after looking the images of 2014 Honda Jazz, I will surly wait for this beauty to come to India. :)

Definitely, HONDA is the worth waiting for in a year or two to come, they have plans in each segments of Indian car market.

Some leaked images have surfaced online as to what could be the 2014 Honda Jazz. The shot include one of the interior which gives a hint of a hybrid of course not for our country. We should in probability get the 1.5 iDTEC diesel which powers the Amaze and the 1.2 tried and tested iVTEC petrol. Hope we get an AT for the new Jazz in India. The rear design reminds me of Volvos. What do you think?

post-7692-0-39214400-1372438281.jpgpost-7692-0-43908700-1372438291_thumb.jppost-7692-0-04756400-1372438276_thumb.jp

Source: Autoweek.nl

Some leaked images have surfaced online as to what could be the 2014 Honda Jazz. The shot include one of the interior which gives a hint of a hybrid of course not for our country. We should in probability get the 1.5 iDTEC diesel which powers the Amaze and the 1.2 tried and tested iVTEC petrol. Hope we get an AT for the new Jazz in India. The rear design reminds me of Volvos. What do you think?

Will this car fit inside the 4m size? I really felt Honda missed a trick with the previous Jazz. When the price fell, i'd recommended a friend to go in for it and he's been a happy bunny ever since.

I hope Honda prices it well this time and brings in a paddle shift AT box - that'll be perfect.

The 2014 Honda Jazz will be launched in India next year. Honda Cars India will showcase the premium hatchback at the 2014 Auto Expo in February. Two engines are earmarked for India – one petrol and one diesel. According to our sources, the petrol motor is the familiar 1.2-liter i-VTEC engine (which was powering the second generation Jazz in India, and which currently powers the Brio and the Amaze) producing power and torque in the whereabouts of 88 PS and 109 Nm.

For the first time ever, the Jazz will be available with a diesel engine. Honda will use their 1.5-liter EarthDreams unit, which is currently seen on the Amaze. In the Amaze, this engine develops 100 PS and 200 Nm of torque and delivers a class-leading 25.8 km/l.

post-9757-0-52205500-1384845437_thumb.jppost-9757-0-18899000-1384845441_thumb.jppost-9757-0-20612400-1384845433_thumb.jp

Source: Indian Autos Blog

How much it cost ?

this model failed before just bcz of its priceing .........otherwise it was a grt car. We indians are price senstive

so mention the price or expected price of this jazz.

If it cost more then this honda too failed against Maruti Suzukis Swift the king of mid price hatch

Going as per thread title, this car can never be a Swift killer or a threat to Swift,considering both the cars possess different DNA, where swift is a sporty hatchback for singles focusing on looks & feel, while Jazz is a different game altogether as it's more MPV-based & focuses more on functionality than form.

Lets see how it'll fare again in India in its new-gen & with diesel engine option.