Sign in to follow this  
bhavneet

Tyre upgrade for swift vdi.

Hey guys! Need your help with the perfect tyre upsize for my new swift vdi. A friend of mine suggested that 195/65R15 is the ideal upsize for swift. The stock tyres have done 2k Kms. Also pls suggest a reliable dealer in delhi where i can exchange these.

Hey guys! Need your help with the perfect tyre upsize for my new swift vdi. A friend of mine suggested that 195/65R15 is the ideal upsize for swift. The stock tyres have done 2k Kms. Also pls suggest a reliable dealer in delhi where i can exchange these.

If its a Vdi it should be running on 14"ers

How come are you talking about stock tires & 15"ers ?

P

I would say get get 15 inch alloys and 195/55 15 tyres . That is a good combo. You could go for Yokohama rubber.

ok, any idea what is the resale value i can get for the stock tyres? B)

The best upgrade would be to go for 195/60R15 tyres. The would fill up the wheel arches perfectly. The car look s under tyred with 195/55R15 and 195/65 would affect the fuel efficiency. I would suggest you to go for Michelin XM or XM+ series or with Yokohama A drive or C drive.

The best upgrade would be to go for 195/60R15 tyres. The would fill up the wheel arches perfectly. The car look s under tyred with 195/55R15 and 195/65 would affect the fuel efficiency. I would suggest you to go for Michelin XM or XM+ series or with Yokohama A drive or C drive.

Thanks dewank for the suggestion. How are they priced?

Go for 185/65 R15 as an upgrade to Swift VDi & it'll not void its warranty also, as the same tyre setup comes in zdi/zxi variants also.

195/55 R15 is also good option but it might look oversized for swift & can affect its suspension setup & warranty.

So, choose wisely.

@bhavneet

As your Swift is still new and under warranty therefore, you should stick to choose 185/65 R15 as it will save you from voiding your car's warranty (which in any case should be protected from modifications)

For your stock tyre resale, you should be able to get 2000 Rs./Tyre minimum for your 2K ran tyres and 400Rs. to 800Rs for rims.

For deals, check Reliance AutoZone, there are offering some great discounts + exchange + warranty on new alloys.

I would say, go for 185/65/ R15 if you must upgrade to 15 inch rims as like others said, you will not void a warranty with this which is an essential thing to have in a car like the swift as there have been lot of complaints of steering making a noise which they company has replaced under warranty. The dreaded steering damper noise is not something you want to have in a maruti minus a warranty as getting rid of it involves 2 options.

Tighten the damper, which will tighten the steering up too or the other option is replacement which if done minus a warranty will set you back by 27 K.

Otherwise if you want to stick to 14 inchers, then 185/70/R14. If you want to stick to stock steel rims that came with the car then 185/70/R14 as that is the maximum that rim size can take.

Hope this is helpful.

Why drove 2K first of all?

The shoddy JK that comes with Swift fetches around 1800-2000 when taken straight for Shoe change from Dealership. If your tyres remain prestine, you can expect 1500 or so.

As many says, changing size might void warranty on several suspension components, do check this with your dealer. If you feel its not worth, go for Soft Compund tyres of your current size. Apollo/ Ceat/ Yokohama are all cheap yet Soft tyres. Do check if any of those has your 165size tyres.

Thanks dewank for the suggestion. How are they priced?

Yokohama would range between 5000 for A Drives and around 5600 for AVS db series.

While A drive are more ideal for long life and mileage, AVS db series are known for their super silent ride.

You can also check Yoko C drive which a bit performance biased.

Michelin Primacy LC series will cost you about 5700.

If you are pretty biased towards performance, I would suggest you to go for Yokohama S Drives. You can easily fit 205/55R15 tires in your swift which retail for around 6500. It would drastically improve handling as well as your car's aesthetics.

Go for 185/65 R15 as an upgrade to Swift VDi & it'll not void its warranty also, as the same tyre setup comes in zdi/zxi variants also.

195/55 R15 is also good option but it might look oversized for swift & can affect its suspension setup & warranty.

So, choose wisely.

I am finalizing this option only :)

@bhavneet

As your Swift is still new and under warranty therefore, you should stick to choose 185/65 R15 as it will save you from voiding your car's warranty (which in any case should be protected from modifications)

For your stock tyre resale, you should be able to get 2000 Rs./Tyre minimum for your 2K ran tyres and 400Rs. to 800Rs for rims.

For deals, check Reliance AutoZone, there are offering some great discounts + exchange + warranty on new alloys.

Yeah, This option seems the best one! :)

Yokohama would range between 5000 for A Drives and around 5600 for AVS db series.

While A drive are more ideal for long life and mileage, AVS db series are known for their super silent ride.

You can also check Yoko C drive which a bit performance biased.

Michelin Primacy LC series will cost you about 5700.

If you are pretty biased towards performance, I would suggest you to go for Yokohama S Drives. You can easily fit 205/55R15 tires in your swift which retail for around 6500. It would drastically improve handling as well as your car's aesthetics.

This is going way out of my budget :(

Why drove 2K first of all?

The shoddy JK that comes with Swift fetches around 1800-2000 when taken straight for Shoe change from Dealership. If your tyres remain prestine, you can expect 1500 or so.

As many says, changing size might void warranty on several suspension components, do check this with your dealer. If you feel its not worth, go for Soft Compund tyres of your current size. Apollo/ Ceat/ Yokohama are all cheap yet Soft tyres. Do check if any of those has your 165size tyres.

All my saved up money was spent in the interior addons (leather seats+ audio setup), so had to drive on these tyres till the time i added a decent amount for alloys. Now when i researched about alloys, i got a feedback that these stock tyres are the cheapest and pathetic tyres that any car can get. All good designs of alloys are 6" width which these tyres can't handle. So this decision has to be taken for good :)