katalysm76

Battle of the SUV's

For SUV its Safari(in its price range)... better looks,good ride,space,and offroading capabalities...Then its the Sumo Grande.(I dont like the name though now this name doesnt appeals to sophisticated buyers..Phoenix was good though)

The Innova does not come in as an SUV although as an MUV it is the best as on date available in India. From the rest Safari is the best followed by the scorpio in my opinion. Need to wait for the Grande to comment.

I do not know why Toyota isn'nt launching the Fortuner but the day they do launch it and fit it in a price bracket of 12 to 15 lacs that product will very easily be the winner of this battle of SUV's.

I have driven the Fortuner, it is generations ahead of what we have as of now,in fact I found it much,much better than the next level Endeavor and at par with the Pajero 2.8.

Does anybody have a clue as to when Toyota plans this product launch in India ?

Thanks FRG, battle in the MUV sector will definitely hotten up with the Grande. In the metros many toursist cab guys have upgraded to Innova due to a better class of clients they ferry,in smaller towns the Tavera has eaten off most of Sumo territory,the Grande will definitely help the TATA's to regain lost ground.

Rightly said its a cake walk for Safari and Scorpio with no competition in the slot they are in customers have no option but to choose from either of them.

In fact there is no battle at all for the best SUV. Given such a large population which buy MUV and SUV what is the choice we have ?

1) Sumo,Tavera,Innova and now Rhino in the MUV class.

2) Safari and Scorpio in SUV for 10lac to 12 lacs category.

3) Endeavor with leaf springs to break your spine and an outdated Pajero 2.8 with an underpowered engine (110 hp to drag around a 2 ton vehicle) and that too one does not know when Mitsubishi run out of these old kits they have in stock and once sold out might simply discontinue.

4) Compact SUV : only CRV , Outlander, Captiva to join

Innova has plugged the vaccum with a good product in the MUV and the compact SUV's too will have more players this year but the Scorpio/Safari segment is wide open and same goes with the Endeavor/Pajero slot. Hope Toyota and GM see this opurtunity and bless us with some good offerings in time to come.

innova: space, comfortable interiors, toyota brand value though 40% of the innovas on the road are taxis!

safari: space, ride comfort

scorpio: performance, fuel efficiency and features.

on the negative side, innova has huge service and spare costs compared to the tata and mahindra. tata has always had small maintainence issues in their cars, reliability has never been their strong point. space on the scorpio is a bit less as well as the ride, though good but not upto safari levels.

but overall, i would trade in for the scorpio.

the other choices are not worth to be compared.

Like few people here have already mentioned, the Innova is an MUV not a SUV.

For me its the Safari first, then the Scorpio. The Sumo Grande and the Tavera are not pure SUV's, they are in between, a people's mover, I guess!

Please don't post commends about a car if you don't know anything about it.And innova is uncomparable to other vehicles mentioned here.you will have to own one to fully experience its value.As for the rankings , they are: 1.INNOVA.................................2.SCORPIO 3.SAFARI AND TAVERA.

Please don't post commends about a car if you don't know anything about it.And innova is uncomparable to other vehicles mentioned here.you will have to own one to fully experience its value.As for the rankings ' date=' they are: 1.INNOVA.................................2.SCORPIO 3.SAFARI AND TAVERA.[/quote'] for everyone's information innova is not an SUV, it's not an MUV, IT'S AN MPV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey toyota is always a toyota .You will have to own to know what toyota is.My innova which has completed 70,000kms has less rattles than my friend's brand new scorpio which has done 5,000kms.I kindly request you Mr.viktheram to not post commends if you if you don't know about what you are talking

Do refer to this http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1018
The innova has some oil leakage issue.

Might be and there is some thread regarding the recall of 20k innova and see the toyotas Honesty ' date=' and it might be some prduction defect , well Innova is a good car and these probs are not there in each and every innova and presently the best car in its segemnt , Hats off to Toyota

Cheers!!!
[/quote'] Mr.mndvishnu you are absolutely right about that.Toyota recalled this particular batch of innovas which had this problem,which shows toyota's commitment towardsit's customers.I am sure that you own an toyota brand vehicle.you will have to own it to beleive it

if u want a suv,forget inova and tavera,they are nor suv by shape or by performance on terrain which are meant for suvs on city roads all 4 r the same,even sx4 would be the same.

comparing scorpio and safari

scorpio is for more reliable and sound engine

safari for tons of comfort,looks,space,and offroad pleasure.

i personally like safari,coz thing i missed in safari was the engine power and thats set right in 2.2l safari which is a pleasure to drive