viktheram

The Car Warranty discussion thread

Which company gives you the best warranty?

What does this mean ?? all companies give warranty for a fixed time , say almost every company gives warnty for car till 2 years and if we want 3rd yr we got to pay some few thousands to get 3rd yr warranty , and there is nothing like best or Worst

Cheers!!!

The fundamental rule of all companies

All Warranties are null and void as soon as the payment is made.

Work under this. More seriously, they are about the same with little or no difference.

I think Hyundai gives good warranty. My Elantra GLS has a 4yr 80,000kms warranty. Thank God, I haven't had the need to use it: as the car has  given me impeccable service and I have seen the service station only thrice in these 2 years for the regular service. They also backup their warranty with good service. I only go to the Hyundai Motor Plaza Service in Chennai<live here>.

I think Hyundai gives good warranty. My Elantra GLS has a 4yr 80' date='000kms warranty. Thank God, I haven't had the need to use it: as the car has  given me impeccable service and I have seen the service station only thrice in these 2 years for the regular service. They also backup their warranty with good service. I only go to the Hyundai Motor Plaza Service in Chennai<live here>.
[/quote']

Thanks man, 4yrs is really good.... i want to buy a  new car, so was thinking the warranty is really important. i'm kind of confused about which car i must pick.

well if you thought 2 yrs was min than my pajero has only 1...lol..... but i have a extended warranty of 2 yrs.....

not all cars come with a 4 yr warranty... but they are who offer 2 yrs warranty but you can extend upto 4.... then they are offers when the company offers extended warranty (skoda was giving 3yrs warranty a while back).... and there are offers like on BMW (a while ago... near dec)... they were giving me a 2 yr warranty which included everything... that means even if i threw my car off a cliff they will give me a new one free of cost!!!.... so diff. companies diff schemes

Be cautious with extended warranties, esp. if you are a low mileage user like me. These typically cover only the drive train, which is highly unlikely to give problems until you hit 6 digits. I was warned and have not gone for these in either of my cars.

toyota offers 3 years /100000kms warranty on the innova ' date='which i think is one of the best warranties

[/quote']

I feel this is one of the best, but i guess the tata grande is 2 years/75,000 kms which is nice, is it just like the other cars like the safari.

What kind of warranty is available with the yet to be launched Tata Sumo Grande does anyone have any idea

usually tata cars comes with 2 yr warranty , plus 2 yr Extended waranty so altogether 4 yrs waranty but for extended waranty you got to pay around 3 - 5 k rs (aprox)

Cheers!!!

usually tata cars comes with 2 yr warranty ' date=' plus 2 yr Extended waranty so altogether 4 yrs waranty but for extended waranty you got to pay around 3 - 5 k rs (aprox)

[/quote']

Im most cases (I do not know about Tata) the extended warranty only covers the drive train. As the engines and gearboxes are quite durable this may not be worth it except for the very high mileage group. If the drive train for the first year (or two) then it is very unlikely to pack up in the next 2-3 years. Often the clutch is also excluded from the warranty!