Sign in to follow this  
Richie Rich

Dzire Design v/s Honda Amaze Design

With a lot of buzz around the rivals Dzire and Amaze, its clear that Amaze has the finesse of a Honda and the desire comes with the reliability that Maruti stands for. However with such cut-throat similarity and competition one needs to consider the smaller things for eg. the design.

I would want you to come up with perspectives where we can decide which is a better designed car out of the two. i personally like Honda Amaze not just because its fresh looking but also has been designed intelligently. Like the 400 ltrs bootspace. The shorter front for a roomier cabin and back. The front grill which looks elegant. Overall a proportionate car where the boot does not look as an ugly extension.

To think practically, desire is far batter than amaze. Philosphically, amaze isn't worth selling heavily because of its intelligent designing or bigger boot space but because of the fact that a common man has parametred in his mind, that hondas are the ultimate epitome of luxury and fineness, and now its accessabile for hus pocket, so y not to buy it?

Desire, I think that it looks ugly by extending swift's rear, rather it looks far more beeter than its old model and looks more refreshed, detailed, and sporty than amaze

Hi Kamal Saxena

I will agree that philosophically the Amaze seems better. But I will have to disagree about Amaze not being luxurious enough. It has better Leg room at the rear which makes it comfortable not only for the driver but the passengers as well. Apart from that it has electric folding side view mirrors which adds to its charm

Desire, I think that it looks ugly by extending swift's rear, rather it looks far more beeter than its old model and looks more refreshed, detailed, and sporty than amaze

I have to disagree. While the Amaze has a boot tacked on just like the D'zire, the integration is far better and looks like it belongs to the car. The Amaze isn't stylish, but its proportioned right and grows on you after a while.

DZire is built on Swift whereas AMAZE is based on Brio hatchback.

See the size & segment of donor cars, you'll automatically come to understand about the aspects of Comfort, Stability, feel, Refinement & Safety.

DZire is a notch above amaze in terms of feel & refinement with Superior, more refined Multijet engine & much better Interior Noise Insulation than AMAZE with scraped off door pads & seats to liberate few mm's of more space.

Where DZire looks like a Swift notchback, AMAZE looks like a Alto with truncated boot pasted onto its rear.

Safety, Refinement & feel are crucial factors for a car which costs close to Rs.9 lacs for their top-end versions. However for base variants & their pricing AMAZE is digestible.

Both are equally good cars and its really tough to choose between the two. While its hard to beat Swift Dezire in terms of the design of the dash and features like climate control, Amaze promises practicality with its better cabin and boot space. In terms of the engine too, Amaze takes a lead with better power and economy figures and better in-city driving dynamics. But its hard to discount the fact that we spend most of the time sitting inside our cars rather than drooling at them from outside and here, the Dezire scores ahead of the Amaze. With better interiors right from the dash to the quality of materials used, it simply provides a better cocoon for the driver and co-passenger. My personal choice would however be Amaze simply for its comfort, practicality and performance combined with its efficiency.

My personal choice would however be Amaze simply for its comfort, practicality and performance combined with its efficiency.

That is exactly where i get stuck at. I believe somehow that Amaze is a better offering and going by practicality and fuel efficiency, it is better to go for the Amaze