PrancingHorse

ICE Installation with detailed pictures : Volkswagen Polo GT

Can you please name some? And since they are better I assume you have tested them, so can you please throw some performance figures for comparison as well?

What are you gabbing? The Focal 165W-RC is a 2 way speaker! As already stated, the guy above wanted a clean A pillar, and there is nothing wrong with his install.

Your install is very distracting, and your A pillar has more red paint than a fire truck. I don't get the logic in putting the midbass driver in front and the tweeter to the side. Can you explain this?

Who uses plexiglass for speaker cabinets especially subs? The cabinet resonance is going to kill any sound quality. But I guess your audio setup is more for 'show'.

Tecnokrat just caters to the uber rich folk with more money than brains. Their high prices do not reflect in the quality of work. I've heard better sounding installs in Chennai, which cost much less. I remember a couple of years back they were pushing sub-standard chinese brands like Audible Dynamics for budget installs, when you could get a Blaupunkt setup instead. Whats this KOS processor? I don't agree with the idea of compromising audio by passing it through so many processors.

P.s.: Can't an Audi A6 owner type proper english? SMS lingo is for kids.

well thats ur view.....i dnt wanna comment to ur nonsense if u have money n if u know bttr things do it......i know abt my installs and spending it in a proper way u need not talk abt technokrat.....can u jus name some othr install who do a bttr job??? bttr know stuff then talk dont jus blabber coz u can also post!!!!! btwn dnt know abt these processors and pls dont comment....and abt my typing am used to type in short !!!!! first know things n then talk dont jus blabber

Note from Mod: Lets not get personal on the forum and talk about the topic at hand only , Thanks

Also request to use full English words when you type. SMS lingo is difficult to read.

well thats ur view.....i dnt wanna comment to ur nonsense if u have money n if u know bttr things do it......i know abt my installs and spending it in a proper way u need not talk abt technokrat.....can u jus name some othr install who do a bttr job??? bttr know stuff then talk dont jus blabber coz u can also post!!!!! btwn dnt know abt these processors and pls dont comment....and abt my typing am used to type in short !!!!! first know things n then talk dont jus blabber

Phew! Such an angry post with no answers.

Better installers - Driven, B&T, etc. Tecnokrat are better than average but not great.

Lets try this again:

1. Name some other damping brands/materials. Also you must have tried all of them and done a comparison, so can you post your views/measurements?

2. Why do you use plexiglass for speaker cabinets when its not an acoustically good material?

3. Why is your midbass and tweeter aligned in that fashion? What are the sonic benefits?

P.s.: btw = by the way. btwn = between?!

Hi All,

I have two questions.

1. Do we need to damp the boot lid? Sometimes even that may start vibrating and cause some distortion.

2. Is there a timing adjustment given in that head unit of Sony? I am a great fan of Sony and looking for the feedback of their upgraded head units.

Kindly reply to these questions.

In the end, it looks like a great setup for a hatchback. Use of fiber glass really saves some of our precious boot space and also, it looks neat.

Hi All,

I have two questions.

1. Do we need to damp the boot lid? Sometimes even that may start vibrating and cause some distortion.

2. Is there a timing adjustment given in that head unit of Sony? I am a great fan of Sony and looking for the feedback of their upgraded head units.

Kindly reply to these questions.

In the end, it looks like a great setup for a hatchback. Use of fiber glass really saves some of our precious boot space and also, it looks neat.

The boot lid need not be damped unless there are vibrations originating from that area. That's one of the benefits of a fibreglass enclosure for the subwoofer. It's so rigid that it doesn't transmit any spurious vibrations to the chassis or body of the car.

The Sony XAV-601BT does have time alignment with increments in cms so you can set individual speaker distances from your primary listening position. But there is only one "custom" setting and the rest are presets.