Amish993

2014 Tata Vista rendered EDIT: Spy shots added

I wonder why camouflaged so much !!

from the rear side pics i get a feeling that X-Mas taillight is changing (hope they do so), cant say the same about headlight though.

They need more sharper lines in the exteriors. Nothing really wrong with the current Vista except it looks so rounded and clean like a boiled egg.

well no offense to the Vista owners, it is a very good car otherwise.

When will they get rid of the Christmas Tree tail lights ?

Even a full blown truck has smaller tail lights , cant understand why does a small hatch need to have this long tail lights ?

The Electric Vehicle design that they showcased a while ago caught my attention , this is like going back on what they can do with the product.

The rendering above looks out of sink, and more like a PS job. Inconsistent lines at the front end. If you watch closely, the rub-rails and placement of door handle look like that of current Indica, rather than Vista.

Tata should fire out the entire existing design team and get some folks from Hyundai (for hatches and sedans), Honda (for hatches and sedans), and GM Cadillac (for SUVs). The reason I would not ask for people from JLR is to ensure that the design languages does not get copied to Tata vehicles thereby diluting JLR's original brand image and looks. Tata's designs lack the freshness and the oomph factor which is what pulls the masses to the showrooms. A lot needs to be done to bring up the overall fit and finish levels to industry benchmark levels. Time to WAKE UP & GET GOING TATA!

Slowly but surely moves in the right direction for Tata Motors. Slimmer headlights would look good on Vista. We can hope that with this comprehensive upgrade the Vista would get its due, which currently is a very under-rated car in Indian market. The current quadrajet and saffire engines are very good performance wise and i believe Tata Motors will continue with the same.

It really intrigues me, how dumb a company can get! When you have a beauty pageant winner, the la Punto by your side & you have already borrowed its heart, how difficult it is to just darn copy its looks! :unsure:

This upgrade doesn't seems to be just another facelift or minor upgrade but a major step from the older version.

Lets hope this time Tata pushes all right buttons to keep up with the competition.

Tata Vista still has it's edge in terms of fuel economy, pricing, interior space and equipment list.

Tata should improve upon the ride & handling, fit & finish, overall appeal and refinement of the product and it can win hearts of prospective hatch buyers.

Yes , i find it promising too.

This is my last hope for a Diesel Automatic in a hatch , hope this long waiting wish of mine comes true.

Also to me its headlights are more like the Storme and less like the i20, aka the projector lamps inside the headlights much like the ones in the Storme and recently introduced in select variants of the Rapid.

Prices have to be lower side so styling will always take a backseat when compared to rivals.The thought of high prices don't go with the Brand TATA

Every Tata car is on a heavy discount as of now.

It really intrigues me, how dumb a company can get! When you have a beauty pageant winner, the la Punto by your side & you have already borrowed its heart, how difficult it is to just darn copy its looks! :unsure:

They have JV only for manufacturing and engine sharing. Product sharing is not part of it, so probably can not borrow or copy the looks of Punto

They have JV only for manufacturing and engine sharing. Product sharing is not part of it, so probably can not borrow or copy the looks of Punto

:D That is all well-know. With looks it was meant that Tata could have taken design cues from Fiat. Not copied the entire design :P

Oh yes they can definitely take cues from Fiat designs, arguably one of the most elegant ones.

Slightly off-topic, sometimes i just wonder what would have been the case for Punto and Linea if Maruti or Hyundai would have been selling them instead of Fiat !!