PrancingHorse

Pics: SsangYong Korando spotted testing in India. Mahindra's next launch?

The Rexton has been doing decently well for Mahindra and I do see quite a few of them on the road now. But it looks like Ssangyong is gearing up for another launch. The Korando SUV was spotted testing in Pune without any camo. It doesnt look like a big SUV and could probably be a 5 seater.

Here are the pics

post-7692-0-03861700-1372670343.jpgpost-7692-0-82069800-1372670353.jpgpost-7692-0-80936600-1372670357.jpg

Source: CarblogIndia

nice compact looks, cute enough to win hearts in India,but looks some what out dated,

pricing is crucial as the competition is already Heated up with Duster dominating in this segment Ford brought its EcoSport with the best it can give to India with much lower price. now Nissan ready to bring its Duster re-badged Terrano soon, so its a gr8 Challenge ahead for this Korando.. wish some Good luck for Mahindra..

I think Mahindra is in two minds whether to launch this model, because it is not likely to be priced below 15 lacs, which straightaway takes it out of VFM category. They could do with more localisation and bring the cost down but then it would be too close to XUV.

Its a tricky situation for Mahindra. They dont want another Skoda Yeti in the making. The situation in Indian UV market is fast changing. Earlier Mahindra had little competition in the SUV space. Now with Ford and Renault already doing well in sub 10 - 12 lac segment, it will not be an easy run for Mahindra with their Ssangyong brand. While the vehicle does look good, the majority of Indians would not call it a head turner.

Looks dated to me! The design looks too rounded and not crisp at all. This sort of design would have worked and given competition to the now defunct Hyundai Tucson but not today. I would not shell out even 10 lacs for this, forget about 15 lacs. In my opinion, a range of 6.5 lacs to 8.5 lacs ex-showroom would be able to pull in some sales numbers but anything above that and this product would fail miserably in the long run.

Good catch PH.

I think it is clear indication the M&M is exploring this vehicle in Indian territory. Perhaps this could be a learning exercise for them to make a 5 seater XUV (aka. XUV 300).