Sign in to follow this  
Richie Rich

Is Amaze better than Swift?

Everyday I’m faced with the choice of choosing between my old flame, the Maruti Swift and my new love affair, the Honda Amaze. Call me shallow, but I can’t resist picking up my latest fling, for a delightful and comfortable drive. Each and every time I drive it, I discover something new and fall in love with it all over again. I believe it’s truly amazing car, not that I’ll ever forget the great times with my old flame.

Maruti Swift wasn’t about the engine or the specifications or its features for me. It was the drive that mattered, always. I found it comfortable even though it was just Maruti, the brand that isn’t exactly associated with comfort. The drive was always smooth, allowing me to cut and swerve as I pleased. The spacious hatchback was compact enough for me to swiftly meander my way through traffic, stop and go smoothly between heavy traffic and also speed away in a flash as soon as there was the opportunity. The pickup is indeed great and with the mileage of 17kmpl, it proved to be a good car and a good drive. My only problem was when the engine got a little too irritating and loud. It wasn’t flattering to the smart and good looking car I was driving in, looking pretty smooth myself as I sped by many an onlooker. I’d suggest a few improvements for the future models, a better music system, an improved engine and maybe a bit more comfort. I make these suggestions only because it was when I drove the Honda Amaze that I realized what I was missing.

At such a great price for a sedan by Honda, I thought it must be cramped for space or have some noticeable fault. However, this new creation by Honda has made it possible for a sedan to retain the compactness of a hatchback, allowing similar maneuverability as the Swift on busy roads. But this compactness doesn’t let it compromise on the space in the car. This sedan built over a small car platform has some pleasant surprises to offer. Keeping up with the Honda reputation, the seating, leg space for both front as well as back passengers and the overall comfort is remarkable. As highlighted by the advertising of the Honda Amaze, the interiors are surprisingly spacious and is equipped with all the necessary comfort features like power steering, a powerful AC, power windows, central locking and of course a good music system! Also equipped with the i-DTEC engine, the engine is by far better than my old Swift’s. Giving a mileage of 25kmpl, it made me realize that the 17kmpl I was living with was almost a shame. This isn’t the best part for me though. The best things about this car for me are the seriously comfortable seating and driving, making me one with the road and giving me a true Honda experience along with the sexy looks of a sedan, which I believe make me look even smoother…I didn’t even know that was possible!