PrancingHorse

Ashok Leyland unveils Stile MPV.

Ashok Leyland has unveiled the production version of the Stile MPV.

post-7692-0-87059500-1374057725.jpg

Earlier showcased in concept at the Auto Expo, the Stile is a slightly modified version of the Nissan Evalia and comes with a different front styling. Ashok Leyland aims to cater the commercial end of the MPV market with the Stile which will mostly see duty as Taxis and Ambulances.

Power comes from the same 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine. Ashok Leyland will also offer a CNG variant. The Stile comes with a sliding window for the second row seats- a feature which is not avialble currently on the Nissan Evalia.

Ashok Leyland will launch the Stile in the coming months and will postion the Stile below the Evalia.

However Nissan has stopped selling the Evalia and is working on an updated version. The Stile has some features with could make their way into the updated Nissan:

• The Stile has sliding windows which are absent on the Evalia
  • Captain seats are very popular which the Stile gets. The Evalia didnt have them,
  • Rear washer, wiper and defogger at the rear.
  • AC vents/ blowers for the second row
  • Closed glovebox which was omitted in the Evalia

post-7692-0-29070400-1374058193.jpgpost-7692-0-22015700-1374058199.jpgpost-7692-0-04894200-1374058202.jpgpost-7692-0-72564000-1374058204.jpg

Great start for Ashok Leyland in passenger car segment, specially when they're getting the vehicle which is even better tweaked than original. Personally i liked the car & its packaging layout but it would've been more better if they would've altered its tail-lamps also. Now lets see how AL executes its dealership & service network & it would've also better that if they share their service network with Nissan as the latter only needs to keep the extra set of front bumper & logos for Stile.

Btw, It feels strange to see the same logo in place of Nissan on its steering wheel which was seen too often on mass transport buses.

Ashok Leyland is always known for their tough build quality and endurance. The buses and trucks of Ashok Leyland are very reliable and is no brainer that we see a lot of them on our roads. The Stile looks great and infact better than the Evalia. This car would be a great platform for AL to enter the private car market and become a big player. Tata became one of the leading car manufacturer from building trucks, so I see nothing impossible for AL to venture into the car market.

Ashok Leyland's Stile definitely looks much much better than Nissan's Evalia.

And i feel it looks a bit better than Chevy's Enjoy too!!

Ashok Leyland is well known for its reliability and built quality. But for them its a new market segment that they are entering into. I feel that it is very important for Ashok Leyland to have a good dealership and service network.

After sales services provided by them, would play a vital role in determining the company's future in this new segment.

I hope the guys at Ashok Leyland have taken a few notes from Sonalika's Rhino!

Well, i don't think this MPV would become an instant hit among enthusiasts and petrolheads.

It might be a very practical option, but personally speaking, i won't like to be seen driving it. The only reason being that, its a name associated mainly with trucks and busses.

Hence i feel, Ashok Leyland will have a herculean task of building its brand name in this segment, right from scratch!!

With Innova's prices going up, Ashok Leyland's Stile might just become the best option for commercial cab operators!

The car has nice spacious interiors, good engine, a company claimed fuel efficiency of 19.5 kmpl and 2nd row AC blower which makes the deal very tempting.

With good after sales service, Ashok Leyland might just have a winner on its hands!!!

Personally i don't mind buying this car for my personal usage.

Reason being, it looks good, its interiors looks & feel good, it'll drive good(considering the Evalia's performance) & last but not the least it wears proud 'L'(Ashok Leyland)-badge. The badge which is known for robust build, strong performance, comfortable drive, reliability & kept the country moving, since number of decades.

Hope Stile gets these traits as other products from AL brand.

From the practicality and reliability point of view, i couldn't agree more with you sir.

The L-badge is highly reputed in its current market and i hope they carry it over to the passenger car segment as well!!

Ashok Leyland Stile MPV launched at Rs.7.49 lacs;

Priced at Rs.1.21 lacs cheaper than Nissan Evalia

post-67-0-23265900-1381158063.jpg

Ashok Leyland has launched the Stile MPV at Rs 7.49 lakh.

The Ashok Leyland Stile is a badge-engineered version of the Nissan Evalia which is priced at Rs 8.70 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)

Earlier showcased in concept form at the Auto Expo, Ashok Leyland aims to cater to the commercial end of the MPV market with the Stile MPV. Power comes from the 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine. Ashok Leyland will also offer a CNG variant.

post-67-0-89447400-1381158059.jpg

The Stile comes with a sliding window for the second row of seats- a feature which will soon be available on the Nissan Evalia.

The Ashok Leyland Stile is available in three variants, with power steering and air conditioning standard on all three. Prices start at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

(Source: Autocar India)