Sign in to follow this  
Tejen

Changing silencer of my Royal Enfield Classic 350

Hello everyone,

I own a RE Classic 350 from last 9 months and have completed 6000 kms. on my odometer. Now i want to change the silencer of my bull (although the stock one looks cool) but the stock silencer didn't give the real "THUMP" of an Enfield.

I want to know which silencer would be the best for my bullet Short bottle, Goldtsar or Megaphone.

I went to dealership for checking the original Upswept one but it was nothing more than an eye candy!

They also showed me an exact replacia of the upswept silencer which costs half and makes a loud voice(i hated that).

As i am keen on the short bottle(b'coz of it's good sond qualiy), WOULD CHANGING SILENCER AFFECT MY BIKE'S PERFORMANCE & FUEL EFFICIENCY plus would it harm my engine in any of the ways??

Plz Help.

post-28055-0-29705400-1374206512_thumb.j

You can opt for an end can on your stock silencer but I don't think that it won't give you the authentic thump of previous enfields . Try some expert mechanics and shop which specialize in exhaust systems . If you are based out of Mumbai I would advice you to visit Automech garage in lower parel . They specialize in free flow exhaust don't know if they do exhaust for bikes etc .

Buidling an exhaust is not easy as it seems because one has to see the back pressure build up and if not designed properly engine will not deliver performance also if you find some experienced garage they can help you if you want a bit better low end etc.

@ rssh, thank you very much for your advice. It was my first post over the ACI forum and was keen on changing my silencer but after a big research i reached to the decision of sticking up to my stock one!

As this one is dipped with Nickle coating twice and also is anti corroded while the other available in market are just simply don't. Also this one has been constructed in Royal Enfield's R&D centre after a very long research and experimentation to increase performance and fuel efficiency.

Also want to add that i live in Rohtak, Haryana! ;):P:D

Sorry not a Aamchi Mumbaian!!! :D

Thanx again for your valuable advice!

Its great to help you out , also isn't the classic built with electronic fuel injection? If it is then please do not attempt to change the exhaust because you may as well have to have a custom fuel map which will be expensive to do.

@ rssh, mine is 350 so does not have the EFI but an old school carb. (Wish it had an EFI :rolleyes: )

@ sarabjeet, sir, i live in haryana and it was made from punjab only so, i hope you can understand the rest. There is no need to visit punjab it happens in my city too!!!

The Royal Enfield has been one of the most essential and popular motorcycles ever, and opting for best silencers Royal Enfield should ensure that you have access to the best performance possible. If you are looking for the best experience from your best silencer for Classic 350, you should ideally pay attention to a few important aspects. That way, you would be able to assure yourself a few of the advantages associated with the best exhaust for Royal Enfield.

https://9productreviews.com/best-royal-enfield-silencer/