hgupta1971

SUV Force One User Review- Pathetic Vehicle

Exterior Exterior is decent looking and that’s a personal choice.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) Only good part is space as it beats everything else here, but rest all is extremely poor and disappointing including various parts, finish, nut bolts everything.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox Total disappointment, average fuel economy of around 10-11kmpl. Gear box is a disaster.

Ride Quality & Handling Car is normally stable on road but at high speed at above 100-110 kmph it makes sounds and rattles like it'll blow apart, very noisy, shaky, makes squeaking noise from almost everywhere, very high vibrations, tiring.

Final Words I have driven this vehicle for almost 33000 kms now in approx. 17 months. It’s nothing more than a science project by some engg students, that’s the best I can say. It has constant problems and I have spent more than 30 days at various intervals getting it repaired for 100 diff problems. Fuel tank is faulty and gives incorrect reading, console displaying various readings are mostly incorrect, and gear is horrible. Had worst experience in Ladakh where it won start in the morning at sub zero temperature and then I was told that it has no cold start kit (how stupid). Even in North temperature of around 1-3 degrees it takes it at least 20 kms of ride before engine starts rattling bad vibrating like crazy. All parts be it engine fans, AC, handles, locks, nut bolts, hinges, vipers, seats are v v v poor and have been changed or repaired. It actually sounds and behaves like a truck / bus with similar kind of sound, vibrations, gear and ride quality. I am surprised how could Govt. allow this vehicle on road as in my opinion it’s not safe and is dangerous due to various in built flaws. Even the dealers are sick and tired of the product and cannot do anything except for keep repairing it again and again. Coolant leakage is frequent. In less than 6 months the vehicle had started squeaking and making strange noises. Worst thing is that its resale after one year is not even 50% of the price paid to buy. Totally available and better go for Tata Safari or anything similar. This is the most poorly build vehicle in its category.

Areas of improvement If you try to improve it you'll end up building a new car all together.

Sir hgupta1971, i read out your whole ownership review of your "Renowned" SUV!!

The very first thing that i would say is that the basic extinct of Force motors is to make utility vehicles (with an old Mercedes M class engine). The CRUISER is a big hit in rural areas but the attempt of company's enterance to SUV segment just simply failed due to the lack of appeal and the quality of vehicle.

Sir, it is always advisable to go towards already eastablished vehicles in the cateogry rather than experimenting new one's. A Tata Safari, Mahindra Scorpio would have been a best buy for you, as both of them are really renowned in our contry's automotive market!

By having this "SORE" experince in you cup of tea i hope that you would never ever mistake in buying a totally new and unexperinced Brand!

Welcome aboard the forum and sorry to hear about your vehicle.

We have a boarder here who also own a Force One and he has never mentioned these problems here.

The number of problems you have mentioned certainly make it to be a bad buy or may be the usage and the terrain are the one to be blamed, do give us a detailed account of what failed where if possible.

There were so many choice in this very price bracket , if i may ask what prompted you to buy this in the first place.

We have an OWNERSHIP Thread on this forum , if you give us a detailed review many of potential buyers could benefit from what you have to say here.

That aside what are you planning to do with this vehicle , havent you already made complaints at the right places , what do they have to say ? Are all repairs being covered under warranty ?

@hgupta1971:

Seems like you did not have good start of SUV experience. Force one is not a pure SUV, it needs lot of polishing before it can capture some place.

Btw...we have another Force One ownership thread running, but that seems opposite of what you experienced.

Thanks for sharing this . Very unfortunate that your experience has not been good so far. Did you test drive it before buying? Anyways now that the damage is done do you plan to keep it or sell it off. Do post some pictures of your car as well.

I thought atleast Engine is well sorted out in Force One!!

From your post it is clear that an immature vehicle is what you have got. I am sure you would have taken up the issue with Force Motors directly as well. Now that you already have spent so much on this vehicle, it makes sense to use it for a little more time before you decide to sell it off, as the resale value would be equally bad i am sure. The best thing to do now would be try and get the vehicle sorted out atleast to manageable level.

Fuel efficiency of 10-11 kmpl is subjective though, and not the worst to be honest. Also would be interesting to learn what kind of terrains you usually travel / traveled and how the vehicle performed in bad terrains (if not truly off-roads).