Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Hyundai reveals the new i10 for Europe

Hyundai revealed the Grand i10 in India and at the same time has revealed the new i10 for Europe. Both the cars looks pretty similar except for a few details like DRLs on the front of the European model and the roof rails are missing as well.

The 2014 i10 for Europe is longer than the current i10 by 80mm, wider by 65mm and lower by 50mm. The wheelbase sees an extension of 5mm. The Grand i10 for India is even larger than the 2014 Euro i10, though the official specifications aren’t out yet.

For Europe, Hyundai will use the 1.0-liter 3-cylinder petrol and the 1.2-liter Kappa2 petrol. A diesel engine hasn’t been confirmed yet. The 2014 Euro i10 will make its global premiere at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show

post-7692-0-83281700-1375865332_thumb.jppost-7692-0-48494000-1375865340_thumb.jp

Source: Indianautosblog

The all new member of hyundai family seems a midliner between i10 and i20. It can fetch the people as it has inherited looks of both market strong contender. As per talks it will be coming with 3-cylinder 1L engine and 4-cylinder 1.2L engine, quite similar to the old i10 change can be seen only in reference to the looks,size and offcourse space.

The EU version is definitely more upealing then Grand...but it would be the pricing if can be done rightly...then only it will make a dent to Swift sales chart.

I agree with you Sstar.

EU spec version is definitely more appealing than Indian spec one primarily due to the up-scaling line on rear door and rear windscreen glass.

If they want to dent swift sales then top end diesel pricing should not go beyond 6.5 lacs.

But who knows, current i10 in pure petrol avatar is doing 8k/month numbers consistently and addition of diesel might just make it the highest selling car in B+ segment.

Mind you Swift sales have been going downhill for few months now (In July it sold around 10.5k only, earlier it used to clock 17k+ numbers easily).