aks316

Fabia Vs Mid Size Cars..

i have seen quite a lot of fabias on mumbai roads and whenever i see such a car, i look at its driver and think "this dude has a lot of cash!"

else he wont spend his moey this way!

i agree that in india, sedans have a certain status and prestige value attached to it. but i dont believe in such a funda. if a car is good enough, the boot wont add to its image in any way. but for me, the fabia is not at all worth the 8-9 lakhs. its large and quality interiors and astounding features does not impress me as the engine is a 80 bhp noisy crap.

Skoda Fabia may look small from outside but the inner space is as good as some sedan's compare the leg-room and head-room specifications you will know the differecne especially on the Wheelbase.

The interiors are well built and you get more space to store your water bottles in front doors, near to gear box and on back doors. The seats are good for long journey's and for city trips to. The aircon is not cool enough until the temperature is set around 20-18 and set the fan speed @ 2.

The back seat space is good for 2 adults and a kid, boot space is very spacious. This car has more safety features than most of the Sedan especially the quality. Yes SX4 or DZire says we have ABS, Airbags etc..what about the quality and the performance they will perform during their emergency situation..Skoda is for you wants more safety and quality in the interiors and mostly the expectations are high!

To do an "Ulta-Pulta" of Tata's famous 'more car per car' slogan would be 'less car per car' that slogan would suit the Fabia to the tee; I think Skoda should consider that.

If you have to make that sort of comparison give me less car per car anyday

now that sufficient time has passed since launch of fabia, more and more cars are seen on roads. seems people are loving the car. Skoda has created a image of luxury car maker with its octavia in India for quite long now. and probably that is also helping them to sell the fabia.

To do an "Ulta-Pulta" of Tata's famous 'more car per car' slogan would be 'less car per car' that slogan would suit the Fabia to the tee; I think Skoda should consider that.

You must be one avid pall bearer for Skoda, or do you have vested interest in Skoda, meaning working for Skoda or dealer for Skoda.

Try and keep a dictionary with you so you do not make ridiculous comparisons also do not make stupid and unfounded assumptions ask if you need to know or go form a group with some other mentally challenged people called 'We hate Skoda without owning or experiencing the brand' If you think Tata is a better car manufacturer than Skoda you need a lot of counselling and care.

roomy2008-08-05 05:23:57

You must be one avid pall bearer for Skoda' date=' or do you have vested interest in Skoda, meaning working for Skoda or dealer for Skoda.
[/quote']

@DD we have observed this a lot with your posts everwhere. why do you hate the skoda? are you being freinds with Skoda competitors or are they paying you to make such comments...

just baseless comments...

even though I don't own a skoda i think the thousands of skoda owners in india who have put there hard earned money 12lakhs plus for octavia and 17 lakhs for laura are fools..

Try and keep a dictionary with you so you do not make ridiculous comparisons also do not make stupid and unfounded assumptions ask if you need to know or go form a group with some other mentally challenged people called 'We hate Skoda without owning or experiencing the brand'

You must be demented to the core to be such an avid fan of a stupid car like the Fabia. Tell us your experience with the Skoda brand, any how we'll all like to know, where you the lucky owner of a 24K gold plated Skoda? Or do you have a Halo around your head.

My Skoda Octavia gives me immense driving pleasure both in the city and on the highway as have other cars from the VAG group that I have owned or driven please share your bad experiences or tell us if you have ever driven any at all or are you emulating RubbiSSH, by gassing without any substance in that gas 

Seems there's a major debate going on in here. But ain't it quite natural that each person has his own preference and judgement about each cars. I'm expecting the delivery of my Fabia 1.2 Ambient near 3rd week of August. I went fro fabia afetr researching exhaustively through various sites and user reviews.

The selection was between Swift and Fabia. Since i use the car in city (98%) and would cover just about 8000km per year, i decided to opt for petrol car. Ofcourse Swift VDi is a damn good vehicle with its peppy nature. I test drove Swift Diesel and Fabia 5-6 times under various conditions and terrain. Swift VDi is very responsive and powerful. But while i took it to thro tiwsty nd curvy roads, it felt out of control, i.e., the car was goin where it felt and not where i felt. Howwever, in fabia, the car just went where i wished and the suspension was so superb.

The interiors and finish of Fabia is miles above Swift. Whereas Swift scores in performance, Fabia scores in refinement, fit, finish and build quality. The petrol fabia got more low end torque and makes the city driving effortless with very less gearshift compared to maruti.

Both cars have its plus and minuses. I think it should be left to each one to decide what all factors are more important for him and accept that, rather than letting others impose his view on a potential customersmiley1.gif

sreekumar - i agree that was a very valid point. one should drive the possible available choices and come up with valid comparison before making any decision. its going to be a personalised decision just going by assumptions and impressions would not help..

different markets, different people, different choices.

sreekumar - i agree that was a very valid point. one should drive the possible available choices and come up with valid comparison before making any decision. its going to be a personalised decision just going by assumptions and impressions would not help..

different markets' date=' different people, different choices.
[/quote']

apologize for the last blank post. hit the wrong button. regarding  fabia, it's sales have been sluggish in kerala initially when diesel was launched in january 2008. but now, the diesel is moving like hot cake here after the launch of the 1.2 HTP..don't know what the relation is. and 1.2 HTP sales is bound to go up further with the festive season starting the 3rd week of august. already atleast 2 petrols r being sold per day (now its lean season in kerala) considering what guys call as "extra ordinary price for a 3 cyl". so it seems people down here prefer the refinement more tha performance

dear VTEC Guy, this is a little off topic. But i love your vehicles, both OHC Vtec and bullet..kinda cult vehicles. my original plan was to buy an used City VTEC (OHC). i just love it elegance and performace..as for me, it's one of the timeless classics ever produced in automobile sector. But the asking price was near Rs. 6 lakhs for a well maintained 2000-2002 Vtec. so i thought i'd beter go for a new car to replace my existing zen (2005 LXi). as for bikes, i still use my loyal RX 100 which's turning 14 year old soon..and still, every journey in it is a new experience.

i beleive fabia is a bit overpriced  but then had a look of d interiors

of a fabia in a parking lot and well i have to say that it;s interiors

are in d league of cars which almost cost double and the car is really

packed with bells and whistles...now tell me which car of d 7-12 lacs

segment has a cooled glovebox or a rear parking sensors ????? and  d

car's lenghth is 3992 mm which makes it a really very spacious

hatch...i wont mind paying d money for fabia as overall its a good

package but as i said a bit overpriced !!!!

It also depends whether they are able to indigenize to a reasonable extent or not. Also, cost of spares is as important as their life. Will we like to go back to Amby's and Fiats with dirt cheap parts, which lasted only for a few hundred kms.

Quality niggles are common with the Skoda cars, so this does not justify high spare prices.  We want the prices to be in tune with the competition & the competition is providing quality spares at reasonable prices. 

While we are talking about spares, here's a titbit which might interest you folks. A fellow TeamBHPian lost one of his plastic wheelcaps when he hit a pothole. When he wanted to replace that he was quoted an amazing Rs2,300/- by the dealer!!!!!!!!! That's the price for a single wheel cap.

I am just wondering if Skoda is spelt 'MERCEDES'smiley4.gif

Thanks Octane, for the input. So maintaining a Fabia is going to be a costly affair!

This particular wheelcup is going to be of regular quality & similar to others, therefore  a waste of money. This much money can fetch alloy wheels. I'll always stay away from such cars.