aks316

Fabia Vs Mid Size Cars..

Thanks Octane' date=' for the input. So maintaining a Fabia is going to be a costly affair!
This particular wheelcup is going to be of regular quality & similar to others, therefore  a waste of money. This much money can fetch alloy wheels. I'll always stay away from such cars.
[/quote']

I think 'maintaining' Cleopatra will be cheaper than maintaining a Skoda. Enjoy!

Spares are definitely a concern for skoda owners (if they ever bother abt it smiley36.gif). Heard that the fog-lamp costs abt Rs. 16000, mudflaps near Rs. 1500. Thank God that i'm geting mudflaps free after a fight with the dealer.

Praying that i won't have to visit the dealer for spares

@ DD, ha ha ha...., you can have my word on that!

@ Sreekumar, another input about costly spares, this must be scary for Fabia customers. Now everytime they would use their car, they would take extra caution, not to bump or scrape anywhere, lest the heavy bill!

You seem to have had a fight with the dealer at every step, if the dealer is so damn bad, why buy from him? But again this the bane of monoply dealers. I have decide one thing in my mind & that is that I would never buy a car which has just one agency in the city, fights with dealers are common & after a fight one does not feel like going to the same chap & making a payment for a job.

@ DD' date=' ha ha ha...., you can have my word on that!
@ Sreekumar, another input about costly spares, this must be scary for Fabia customers. Now everytime they would use their car, they would take extra caution, not to bump or scrape anywhere, lest the heavy bill!
You seem to have had a fight with the dealer at every step, if the dealer is so damn bad, why buy from him? But again this the bane of monoply dealers. I have decide one thing in my mind & that is that I would never buy a car which has just one agency in the city, fights with dealers are common & after a fight one does not feel like going to the same chap & making a payment for a job.
[/quote']

What u said is true Speed. But the fights started  in the last stage only. till then the dealers were so helpful as u know its always the case.smiley18.gif I've started a new thread on my fabia buying experience till now. not sure if i can post the same here. wud moderators please advise me?

You can't do much about monopoly dealers if you really like the car very much and want to buy that one alonesmiley2.gif Guess one has to take a bit of hit in this count

Spares are definitely a concern for skoda owners (if they ever bother abt it smiley36.gif). Heard that the fog-lamp costs abt Rs. 16000' date=' mudflaps near Rs. 1500. Thank God that i'm geting mudflaps free after a fight with the dealer.

[/quote']

If you feel lucky for getting a 'mudflap' free, just imagine what the spares and services costs will be. If you have to fight for everything then I feel there's something wrong with the brand.

There should have been no fight actually & that too in the last stage, this shows that the dealer is very mean. Nowdays choices are aplenty & no dealer can dare pick a fight with a customer , the fear of losing a customer looms large.

I include the dealers in my overall car experience, if I find them bad , I dump the car too. As theres nothing one cant do without , this is just a car & what is destined to be yours , that thing is bound fall in your lap.

Spares are definitely a concern for skoda owners (if they ever bother abt it smiley36.gif). Heard that the fog-lamp costs abt Rs. 16000' date=' mudflaps near Rs. 1500. Thank God that i'm geting mudflaps free after a fight with the dealer.

[/quote']

If you feel lucky for getting a 'mudflap' free, just imagine what the spares and services costs will be. If you have to fight for everything then I feel there's something wrong with the brand.

the problem is that most of skoda owners won't ask the dealers much questions and they take what they get. the profile of most customers is such that they won't even ask for some baragins. so it's when customers like me who ask for some reductions, the fight comes up. i digged up some reduction in insurance which they were silent onsmiley2.gif

I dont think thats the case, leave aside Skoda, customers of even Mercs. , fight tooth & nail for discounts. Also its a consumers right to ask for discounts, so shun the manufacturers who do not value consumer rights.

I dont think thats the case' date=' leave aside Skoda, customers of even Mercs. , fight tooth & nail for discounts. Also its a consumers right to ask for discounts, so shun the manufacturers who do not value consumer rights. [/quote']

That is abroad, where, our NRI's pinch every cent and shilling and splurge it on million $ homes and 100K$ cars, but here the nouveau riche think it below their dignity to haggle in a Merc showroom, unless your buying a fleet for a 5 star hotel. Our NRI's are ready to drive 50 miles to tank up for a few cents less: basic Indian 'native' intelligence working for getting max. bang for buck!!
Durango Dude2008-08-07 03:29:09

I think in the case of Merc's or BMW's, the dealer themselves gives some offers. But here, in Skoda they say that they won't give a single penny as discount wherein reality, there are couple of options. In Kerala, i've noted that instead of reducing in price, the dealer offers free teflon & underbody coating (can't make out for sure if they've done teflon as its ahrd to find that out ina  brand new car. but undebody copating can be found out), tinted glasses etc..

hey guysz i would like to tell you about an intresting thing....my dad is a lawyer and one day a person came to him as he wanted to file a suit against continental auto delhi which is a dealership of skoda and the problem was that.....he was returning from mussoorie(a popular hill station) in his new octavia(which had done 10,000 clicks) and it was raining...so somehow water seeped into the gear assembly of the car and the car stalled on highway...the car had to be towed back to delhi and the client was stunned as to how water can seep into a gear assembly which was packed ???? the service centre quoted a figure of 26000 bucks after which he deided to file a suit against them and in end the court ordered that the car was to be repaired for free !!

infact i had planend to go for the 2nd version (Classic) and upgrade it by adding accessories and putting alloys. But once i got the real cost from the dealer, i was shell shocked..The front fog lamps wwere around 16K.. plus if you incorporate keyless entry by a 3rd party, it would nullify the warranty by Skoda..hence i decided to go for the Ambiente Version with everything thrown in..

But 1 major irritant remains - absence of remote fuel lid opener. Grrrrrrr...smiley7.gif

hey sree wat all features are there in ur fabia ambiente ?????

Major difference from Classic Version are:

* Keyless Entry

*Alloys

* Front Fog Lamps

*Body Colored Door Handles

*Body Colored External Mirrors

*Electronically Adjustable RVMs

*Heated RVMs

*Rear Split Seats

*Dual Tone Interiors (Light Gray)

*ABS

*MSR(safety feature)

*Brake Assist

*Anti Theft Alarm

* Height Adjustable Seats (both driver and passenger) in front

I'm planning to put leather seats in addition and a more effective horn in addition smiley32.gif

Heated RVMs is useless, its useful in icy conditions only. Octy. also used to have heated seats, someone should tell these fools , cooled seats are required for our weather.

Heated RVMs is useless' date=' its useful in icy conditions only. Octy. also used to have heated seats, someone should tell these fools , cooled seats are required for our weather. [/quote']

hey speedy, heated RVMs are good for the rainy season down here in south. i'm already suffering from fogged RVMs..so this is a boon for me.

For rainy season, outer RVMs would need wipers more than heating mechanism.

Usually fogging occurs due to diff. in temp. , as RVMs are outside, fogging should not take place.

hey guysz i would like to tell you about an intresting thing....my dad is a lawyer and one day a person came to him as he wanted to file a suit against continental auto delhi which is a dealership of skoda and the problem was that.....he was returning from mussoorie(a popular hill station) in his new octavia(which had done 10' date='000 clicks) and it was raining...so somehow water seeped into the gear assembly of the car and the car stalled on highway...the car had to be towed back to delhi and the client was stunned as to how water can seep into a gear assembly which was packed ???? the service centre quoted a figure of 26000 bucks after which he deided to file a suit against them and in end the court ordered that the car was to be repaired for free !! [/quote']

That's one 'tank' that leaks from the top <oops> from the bottom. So much for tank like build.

Heated RVMs is useless' date=' its useful in icy conditions only. [/quote']

When it rains, water remains on the OSRV mirrors, when you heat them the water evaporates much faster and this helps in visibility. I use this feature on my Octavia and find it pretty helpful.