aks316

Fabia Vs Mid Size Cars..

The point is such features which are not used so frequently, raise the price of the car exponentially & OVRMs are vulnerable to injury more than any other part due to their positioning & tight Indian roads, so later on fixing them turns out be a costly affair.

hey speedy, you should talk to drivers down here in south to understand the difficulty of driving in nonstop rain. and water doesn't dry up fast due to the overcast conditions. This is a very common situation during may-november time. in such cases, heated RVM's are of great help. some features may come in handy at times. take the case of present day mobiles, we don't use all features on a daily basis, yet some buy a handset based on their features..

as for the cost, it's a necessary evil. so pray that some mad guys won't bang into the RVMs.

@ Sreekumar, may be its alright for you to buy over the top priced cars & then feel good, many people have to think before splurging hard earned money. If features are provided at nominal costs, its okay, but charging a premium is not done. Features are usually country specific & not region, I have never felt the need of highly priced heated Ovrm's .  You must also be liking the heated seats feature, which too comes in Skoda's , oh its so cold down south!

@ Sreekumar' date=' may be its alright for you to buy over the top priced cars & then feel good, many people have to think before splurging hard earned money. If features are provided at nominal costs, its okay, but charging a premium is not done. Features are usually country specific & not region, I have never felt the need of highly priced heated Ovrm's .  You must also be liking the heated seats feature, which too comes in Skoda's , oh its so cold down south! [/quote']

dear speed. ofcourse, people should think before spending hard earned money. no one force them to buy anything as they take their own decision and splurge. as for features, can't help if companies proide vehicles with features that are more suited for europe or other regions. but its an added advantage if it can help in safe driving a bit more. it's in the hands of almighty that you don't have to experience the southern monsoonsmiley1.gif 

for your kind info, fabia doesn't come with heated seat..but if some one came up with cooling off seat, it woul'e been very helpful for some hotheaded guys who refuse to acknowledge the freedom of individuals decisionsmiley2.gif

I agree with Sree, it pours 'cats & dogs' in God's own country. Unlike, Chennai where the monsoon's have been giving us the 'miss' regularly. Here in TN we chop down trees without batting an eyelid to make way for so called 'development', whereas in Kerala, they think a thousand times before chopping a tree for building a house. That's why Kerala is 'God's own country'. So coming back to the point, sure, heated OVRM's will be of use to Sree.

@ Sreekumar, I know Fabia doesnt come with Heated seats, I had mentioned Skoda's & not Fabia per say. Had you gone through my earlier posts, I had stated, Orvm wipers could be a cheaper option to heated ones. Also, heated mirrors only help in demystifying & not evaporating water for your information.

As for individuals decision, true everybody is free for his own, I never said otherwise. Mine was a general reply to the thread, dont know where you bumped in & took it personally. Think all the heat from the Ovrm's is getting under someones seat !

It would be wrong to say that fabia is not value for money, but at the same time i would like to say that it earns its value more on its build quality than other features.

i am a big fan of fabia, but i would like to inform that fabia is assembled here and not manufactured.so this is also the one reason of it being getting tagged as overpriced!

once skoda starts manufacturing fabia(along side VW polo), we will witness a slash in its price.

good news!
fabia will be rolled out as the frst car from the VW plant next year!

Will they be ready to pass on the benefit to the customer's then? I doubt it, if they do; the present customer's will look like a bunch of *******'s. Skoda doesn't have the habit of giving hefty discount's. Let's see. One thing they can do is bring in better engine's and replace the present emaciated one's; to atleast compensate, somewhat for the daylight robbery they are doing now, in the name of 'premium'. Their profit margin's must be pretty hefty for what they are providing; much better than their EU counterpart's.

I wonder if you can see beyond your own nose are people who buy mobile models early, ***** because the price drops by over 50% over a period of time? Likewise computers etc? In this forum we need a big sign saying THINK BEFORE HITTING THE KEYS. Assuming ofcourse you have the capacity to do so. Companies are there to carry out business not charity and they will price their products according to what they feel the market will bear and not what barking dogs feel it should be. So sorry if that does not fit into your view of how the world should be run. We have enough of ***** as politicians who do the same.

I doubt whether there will be drastic price cuts. What you will see it upping the specs with little or no increase in price. After the Cielo experience where the price cuts killed the car faster than the Daewoo bankruptcy I do not think you will see massive price drops. 

well the price cut won't be effective(if any), but yes the car will become more value for money, people won't mind spending 50-60k more over swift to buy this car.atleast price won't be an issue once skoda starts building the car here.

also few changes in specs would further make this car really worth going for!

Sure Skoda has to think about improving the present car from under the bonnet perspective.. and the price is a premium you pay for the quality. I dont think it is over priced looking at the look and finish and the quality of the build.

The engine has to be better.

I drove a friend's Fabia 1.2 Classic a week back and i must say i was pretty impressed. Call it High Torque or smart gearing, i didn't feel the power deficit in the city and it can easily touch the 100-110 kmph mark with out letting you feel that there are just 60 czech horses under the hood.

And the equipment list was on par for the course with dual airbags, 6CD changer, heated mirrors and more than adequate space. It handled well and high speed ride was good but at low speeds it was a bit stiff.

overall i think it's decent value for money.

actually i have to point out that even the journos are impressed more by the 1.2 l fabia compared to the 1.4 l fabia....i would suggest if anyone wants to buy fabia then better buy the diesel even if your monthly mileage is 500 kms...well except the pricing and mediocre engines fabia is otherwise a very good car  !!!!!

fabia doesn't have 1.2L diesle engine' date=' it has 1.2L petrol engine only.

[/quote']

Naturally. As per the tax policy 1.2L is the limit for Petrol and 1.5 for Diesel to get concessional excise on sub 4m cars.