aks316

Fabia Vs Mid Size Cars..

@Gurdanish Still if you compare Fabia Classic(diesel)- 6.4L in Punjab with, Swift Ldi ~ 4.80, there's a diff. of  ~ 1.6L, which is huge!

& as Raj says, Swift has a better heart than Fabia! This indicates, Fabia is overpriced heavily.

@BS, yes I  too agree with you, Skoda is trying to push the problematic Petrol Fabia's out of showrooms into hands of ignorant & unsuspecting customers.

speed2008-09-17 09:12:19

well i would like to contradist here as far as engines are concerned, i think both the engines are fab and both support their respective cars very well. if you compare fabia gives you more economy than swift diesel.

the only difference is that fabia has 3 cylinder whereas swift has 4 where i am dissapointed with skoda engg.

i think if skoda adds some more peppiness to its engine, the car will be quicker even below 2000 rpm (for which it is criticised for)!

maybe skoda will upgrade the engine as the probable change in fabia!

you are right, but economy depends upon individual's driving also(though in this case both have simmilar economy)

anyways the economy of both the cars , according to ACI:-

swift (d)-14.4-city

18.9-highway

fabia(TDI)-14.1-city

18.5-highways

We are speaking generally & not according to individuals driving.

If figures are similar, then why did you mention in your posts earlier that Fabia delivers more efficiency than Swift! It must be made sure before posting that content is right to the best of ones knowledge, otherwise it could be misleading to some prospective buyer.

i gave my earlier statement on the basis of customer's feedback forum(carwale), in which one of the fabia owner claimed he gets 22km\lt on highways and 16-18 in city!

and figures that i mentioned are from ACI.

i think owners feedback carries higher weightage!

For us ACI is KING! We don't care about carwale & stuff.

Leave alone what owners claim, some Swift owners claim 27km/lt on highways.

In future, please do not try to undermine ACI in front of members, it really hurts us.

Fuel averages are highly subjective. I remember in the late 1970's ACUK did a test, where they had multiple identical cars following each other on the same route. The drivers and order was changed in a predetermined manner. At the end of it all they found variations in the consumption of as much as 10%. Those were the carb days, with MPFI I would expect the variations to be somewhat smaller (say 5%). So arguing about the third significant digit in the consumption is redundant.

you must have been mistaken dude!
fabia 1.4 TDI Classic comes for Rs. 6' date='50,468 Ex showroom Mumbai. In delhi it will cost even less(due to diff in Tax percentage).
check out the link for orices of all the models:
http://www.carwale.com/Research/BrowseCarsByVersion-model-47.html
source-Carwale[/quote']

then that comes to 7.6 on road buddy, that was what i mentioned!

the only difference is that fabia has 3 cylinder whereas swift has 4 where i am dissapointed with skoda engg.
i think if skoda adds some more peppiness to its engine' date=' the car will be quicker even below 2000 rpm (for which it is criticised for)!
maybe skoda will upgrade the engine as the probable change in fabia![/quote']

when you are yourself saying that the fabia's engine is a 3 cylinder unit compared to the swift's four cylinder and that it lacks peppiness, then how come is it good for the demanded price? atleast when compared to the competition.

now with the arrival of the vista, the game further toughens for skoda. i dont dislike skoda... NO! but i cant understand why it demands a premium for its cars! it aint no MERC!

i gave my earlier statement on the basis of customer's feedback forum(carwale)' date=' in which one of the fabia owner claimed he gets 22km\lt on highways and 16-18 in city!
and figures that i mentioned are from ACI.

i think owners feedback carries higher weightage![/quote']

i feel ACI is more trustworthy than carwale. if i claim in carwale that my scorpio fives 20 kmpl in city with AC, who is going to cross check or verify. every owner loves his vehicle dude!

atleast ACI figures are non biased and true to the best extent.
raj_50042008-09-18 14:36:47

i dont know why people like to boast of their car's fuel economy...like i met a person who was saying that his esteem averages 17 kmpl in city conditions and i thought that you are spending money from your own pocket on fuel expenses and still telling absurd fe figures...the engine in fabia is the same 1.9 l pd diesel found in octy and laura minus one cylinder so which makes it a 1.4 l making 68 bhp..well skoda's pd technology will alwaysz lag behing common rail diesel techno hence skoda's engines are behind the competition !!!

yes, skoda's pd techno is quite crude compared to the competition. they are unrefined and lack appeal. though they boasted of good FE figures in the octavia (again compared to competition!) its not the case in the fabia. here it does not outperform the swift in any ways.

i would go gor the fabia only if: my top priority is quality and build and i dont care a damn about the price of spares, performance or NVH...

no offence meant...

But the one advantage pd tech of skoda is that it has very less or no turbo lag which we find in common rail diesel engines..on mileage well i would again like to say it all depends on the driving habits but the octy is one hell of a fuel efficient car cause a car of this size averaging close to 15-16 kmpl in city and almost 18-19 on highway !!!