brianfds

Honda Amaze, Booked and waiting for 4 months

Its been 4 months that i have booked and waiting for the Honda Amaza 1.2 VX AT in CRP.

I have made this booking on 19/04/2013 at Costal Honda (Verna)

After a followup with the Manager I was told that

the car might be allotted to me latest by 10 Aug but in vein nothing happened.

Now i believe that 4 months is a very very long wait ...

Honda does not believe in delivering the requirements of customers ...

Inspite of knowing that i have booked the car and waiting for 4 months i received the below repy from HONDA

This has reference to your below communication received by us.

At the outset, we thank you for choosing to buy Honda Amaze.

We would also like to inform you that delivery of the vehicle to a customer is dependent on various factors such as MTOC (Make, Type, Option and Colour) which is also linked to the booking sequence number, the allocation from HCIL and production planning of the particular MTOC based on dealer orders and booking.

With regards to your concern, we are advising our dealership M/s Coastal Honda, Goa to get in touch with you and provide the necessary detail.

Best Regards

Arti M

(Honda)

question TO Honda : Inspite of Honda knowing the fact that I have paid the booking amount and waiting for 4 months

Why did HONDA not bother to allocate this requirement to the dealership so that i could have my booked vehicle ?????

Very sorry to hear about the delay.

Yes ,the demand is huge and thus the delay and your being the top of the line model expect further delay as these low selling top models are always pushed to the end of the production line queue.

Special changes are said to be made to the production line to accomodate AT variants and as such the production line operators wait until such time they get the required number of orders to make these said changes viable for production, until such time they just hold onto your order.

Dont believe me ? just ask the dealership how many AT vehicles have they booked since the launch and how many have they actually delivered.You will have your answer.

What they say in the mail might seem offending but its the truth.

Be patient and hang in there.

The AT varients will always get a step mother treatment to the fast selling S MT of both P and D varient. Honda is a production capacity constraint due to supply problem etc and can only produce 12k car a month and the demand for Amaze is much higher.

The case is similar to the Dzire AT and Ecosport AT all have long waiting periods if the vehicle is not in stockyard. Why wait any more because they will keep on increasing the pricing no matter when you booked the car.

Try new Ford Fiesta AT/Nissan Sunny ,Micra / Scala Renault. They will be marginally more expensive (70-120k) for a bigger car than the Amaze because they have good discounts running. I still don't understand what Honda want to gather from more booking's because I test drove it once and still get the calls regarding how I felt about the car and if I wanna book it.

I think there are couple of reasons associated with this delay and some of them could be that Honda is focusing more on D-tech engine rather than V-tech as the diesel is the department where they have to establish their credentials in. Perhaps you can yourself ask for some booking sequence number and the customer's number if you can from the dealer and try to contact those people directly to get the answer.

Also, if you can not wait further, look other options if you can.

I would suggest you to wait for your car. I know it is really tough and even a small delay can make big differences. The production of Automatic's is slow, because of the demand; but don't lose heart, don't downgrade to any other model - Just keep calm and be patient. I hope that you get your vehicle soon.

I know its heart-breaking to wait so long for your lady to arrive but trust me its totally worth it. Honda vehicles are brilliantly engineered and they make it a point that they don't hurry up the manufacturing process making mistakes in the process. However, with their new plant going live, you would see the overall waiting periods coming down. I am sure that with a wait of over 4 months, you would get the good news from dealership anytime now. We would all look forward to some pics of your beauty and your ownership experience. BTW, one of my friend also got a delivery of his Silver Amaze SMT last week after waiting for over 3 1/2 months and he is very happy with the way the car is performing. He just took it to Chandigarh from Faridabad and the car gave a mileage of over 28kmpl and he was able to do a round trip in about Rs.1000. That too with the aircon doing a wonderful job of keeping the cabin chilled. Wishing you the best of an enjoyable ownership experience!

Why don't you try to get a used ANHC AT you can get it for 5-7 lakhs depending upon the year of manufacture? Its a better engineered vehicle than the AMAZE (build-qualitywise) and you get more space than the Amaze . Reliablilty is good and the car can easily last a decade w/o problems if its serviced well.

Hi

I am sure you must have strong point to wait for petrol Amaze so have shown patience; ... As far as my concern I could have bought AT Brio or Honda City or if not hurry buy in Year 2014 model.

Try out polo GT that is another good car better ride dynamics, far far better gear technology and service cost and interval less.

Hi

I am sure you must have strong point to wait for petrol Amaze so have shown patience; ... As far as my concern I could have bought AT Brio or Honda City or if not hurry buy in Year 2014 model.

Try out polo GT that is another good car better ride dynamics, far far better gear technology and service cost and interval less.

I won't mention service cost as a good point because the service for the regular polo itself is around 8-10k in Mumbai/ year.

For Amaze it is 3.5-4k twice a year but you get better service quality wereas VW is overcrowded.

Never had any major problems with Honda service the only exception being the car wash & cleaning part. The service costs are reasonable and the products itself well engineered to give you company for a pretty long time. Though I may be biased being a Honda aficionado. :P VW and Skoda products might have a slightly heavier build but lack on reliability front. To add on to the misery is their exorbitant service and repair cost. Better to buy peace of mind too when spending our hard earned money.

I would suggest you to have a word with your dealer. When I was enquiring about the car and waiting period, I was told that EX variants are readily avaialble but the other variants would take around 8 -10 months. Also it is not necessary that it would take 8 months and I might get it early depending if someone cancels their booking.