talib

All-new Skoda Fabia to be unveiled in 2014

Skoda is reading its next generation Fabiawhich will be based on Skoda’s new VisionD design philosophy. Set for an unveiling in the last quarter of 2014, the Fabia will be manufactured on new shorter version of the Golf’s MQB platform. Though positioned alongside the Polo, the Fabia will be the first small car from the VW group to implement the new platform which will eventually be inherited by the VW Polo, the SEAT Ibiza andAudi A1.

post-29483-0-17742400-1377452138.jpg

Vehicle is looking good but Skoda literally killed the Fabia in India, reasons known to all. Now bringing a dead product back to life is a doubly tough ask. Consumer perceptions are hard to change.

Nice work again Talib

We have three other threads on this very topic

1. started by me in (April 2013) link

2. started by PrancingHorse in (May 2013) link

3. started by you in (July 2013) Link

taking about your July thread , the Spaceback photos are very much similar to this one .

If this Fabia comes in , we can have a similar looking front/back for our Rapid in no time after that . We all know Octavia is sporting similar looks.

Hoping, then it does not turn up like what happened to POLO , VENTO and JETTA , where they all end up looking somewhat similar.

@bonfire

I feel it will be superhit

Even hyundai verna wasnt dat successfull but after fludic design it became instant hit

Hope so fabia too will follow footstep plus refined engine

if they plan to put the puny 1.2 Tdi in this then forget about it.

What skoda needs is atleast an 1.4 Tdi. Their cars are to heavy for the 1.2 !

Edited by sarabjeet

if they plan to put the puny 1.2 Tdi in this then forget about it.

What skoda needs is atleast an 1.4 Tdi. Their cars are to heavy for the 1.2 !

But I feel the 1.2 tdi cr is quite good for the fabia. Has good grunt to reach 60-80 kph in city with a/c & occupants. Atleast this is what i experience when i drive my friends example. Even beyond 80 it decently moves up to 140 on the highways (good speed for indian highways), ofcourse with a little bit of rowing the gear box.

Are you referring to the older 1.2 tdi pd? Did the fabia come with 1.2 tdi pd at all? Afaik it earlier had a non responsive 1.4 tdi pd (which even you owned recently), and then that was discontinued & 1.2 tdi cr was bought in.

But I feel the 1.2 tdi cr is quite good for the fabia. Has good grunt to reach 60-80 kph in city with a/c & occupants. Atleast this is what i experience when i drive my friends example. Even beyond 80 it decently moves up to 140 on the highways (good speed for indian highways), ofcourse with a little bit of rowing the gear box.

Are you referring to the older 1.2 tdi pd? Did the fabia come with 1.2 tdi pd at all? Afaik it earlier had a non responsive 1.4 tdi pd (which even you owned recently), and then that was discontinued & 1.2 tdi cr was bought in.

Skoda had the 1.2 Tdi cr, but the motors lacks power when u climb a ghat with 4 passangers onboard. It feels out of breath.

Yes i had the 1.4 PD but i think they could work on that. VW is been long working to down size the 1.6 TDI unit but nothing has come out.