Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Fiat Linea Classic snapped EDIT: Now launched

post-67-0-18201900-1377934350_thumb.jpg

Spied recently is the Fiat Linea Classic, by TFI auto forum member. Only rear shot is taken which features the small 'Classic' badge below the regular LINEA badge on the boot of the car.

Fiat India’s managing director, Mr. Nagesh Basavanhalli spoke to Indian Autos Blog about the Linea Classic. This is what he said -

Clearly if you look at the Linea T-Jet, it has the technology and we believe based on the customer voice that a lot of people aspire to have that product. There is that segment that the customer craves for. When you come to the Linea Classic, that’s a specific part of the C-Segment. We are playing significantly in the ‘C-High’ segment. The ‘C-Lower’ which is the other aspect of the C-Segment, is what we believe is very viable and effective, and so we clearly are going after that market. We believe that the Linea has the legs to grow in the C Segment. However the Classic is not a sub-4 meter product.

(Source: Team Fiat forum member, ‘sharma_sanjeevin’)

As per the past trends, 'pushed down to the segment' Classic variants of the regular variants had worked well, like Ford Fiesta Classic, which even did much better than its next-gen Global Fiesta. Hope this doesn't happens with new Linea 2014, which deserves to sell well, if provided with powerful 1.4 T-jet(obviously) & much anticipated 1.6 Multijet diesel engine with promising good looking & good quality interiors. An added Rs.20-40k price difference between the Linea 2014 & Linea Classic's corresponding variants can spell the success for sure for both of these cars & can help retaining customers wider price band budgets in FIAT showrooms itself.

Spy shots: Fiat Linea Classic, launch tomorrow.

post-67-0-91690500-1380023711.jpg

As you can see from the images the Linea Classic has a features cut and is nowhere as lavishly equipped as the current Linea. This is evident when you look at the interior and the wheels. There are no steering controls, Blue&Me or alloys on offer for example.

On the engines front there will be a 1.4 petrol and the 1.3 turbo diesel with a 5-speed manual gearbox offered.

post-67-0-21729100-1380023715.jpg

The Linea Classic is expected to be priced aggressively and in essence will compete with cars like the Toyota Etios and Honda Amaze. Now even in stripped out avatar the Linea Classic is great value considering the fact that the looks are not tampered with and it surely looks better compared to some of the other mid-sizers out there.

post-67-0-94221600-1380023718.jpg

The Linea Classic in all probability will be priced below the Rs 6 lakh mark which does sound very tempting. The Linea Classic is expected to give Fiat India a big boost in terms of sales and if priced well we have no reason to believe otherwise.

(Source: motortrend.in)

Linea Classic has been launched at price of 5.99 lac for Petrol and 6.95 lac for diesel ex-showroom Delhi.

This is quite a good price for a proper 3 box sedan.

The regular Linea starts at 7.12 lac.

I have earlier heard many dealers giving 1 lac discount on current Linea, so in actual current Linea was also available at around 6.12 lac (though it required some bargaining skills).

But now with Classic being launched i guess this discount will disappear and reduced listed price means lesser road tax.

Good price as expected. now it is imperative for them to bring new Linea as soon as possible, otherwise it will dilute whatever brand value linea has in India.

Fiat Linea Classic

"Luxury at unbeatable price"

Linea Classic starts at Rs. 5.99 lacs and available in 1.4L (FIRE) Petrol and 1.3L (Multijet) Diesel engine options.

1.4L petrol engine will be available as Classic variant and 1.3L Multijet diesel engine will be available as Classic and Classic+ variants.

Ex-showroom Delhi:

1.4L Petrol Classic Rs. 5,99,000

1.3L Multijet Classic Rs. 6,95,976

1.3L Multijet Classic+ Rs. 7,50,976

post-12123-0-06503800-1380140638_thumb.j

post-12123-0-02884500-1380140654.jpg

post-12123-0-72394500-1380140665.jpg

post-12123-0-38365100-1380140677.jpg

This Linea has got everything right now, albeit a stripped down variant but a simple one appealing to many which can further be customized with huge options, ranging from Music system to upholstery to hi-tech other gadgetry instead of lugging it with other features which the customer doesn't wants, ultimately straining to its engine & electrical systems.

1.3litre, 75PS Multijet engine is also good on low & mid-range grunt than its 93PS avatar. Lets see how it fares !

But i believe it will do good.

Another Dud !!

I want to understand why can't make ABS and AIR BAG by default in every car, I doubt fiat classic will find a single buyer in home (Italy).

Government of India must make it compulsory any automobile above 500 CC must have basic safety features . I wish my dream will full fill a day.