Sign in to follow this  
PrancingHorse

Spied: Mahindra's new automatic scooter

Here are some spy shots of the next automatic scooter from Mahindra. It carries mismatched parts and a lot of covering. The rear resembles the Mahindra Rodeo but the front, although hidden, appears to carry Duro’s parts specially the headlight. There is a rear mudguard and the rear grab rail looks like it is made of metal. Look closely and you will see that the end can is oval-shaped unlike the round ones on the existing crop of Mahindra scooters.

There is no news as to when this will hit the showrooms.

post-7692-0-59616900-1378384818.jpgpost-7692-0-81988000-1378384820.jpg

Source

I find Mahindra's attitude a little difficult to gauge. They have bought over Kinetic Motors which in turn had already purchased the entire Italjet scooter range, future models' diagrams and also some of the production lines (if I am not mistaken). The one thing that Italjet did not have was an engine. I wonder if Mahindra has access to these designs of Italjet scooters. If they do, all they need to do is work on a proper engine and put it into them and it can open an entirely new sports scooter segment. But Mahindra does not seem to be doing that. I wonder why?

More spy shots of the Mahindra scooter which will rival the Activa

The scooters listed above are powered by a 125 cc engine (save for the Kine which is powered by a 72 cc unit). The G301 will mark Mahindra’s entry into the highly competitive 110 cc segment, a segment dominated by Honda. Honda sells four products in this segment (actually, all of Honda’s scooters are 110 cc products) – the Activa i, Activa, Dio and Aviator.

post-9757-0-08203900-1389328364.jpgpost-9757-0-23378000-1389328366.jpgpost-9757-0-87753400-1389328367.jpg

Source