rohitshakti

Essential Security system & accessories for Mahindra Quanto

Hi friends,

I have recently purchased Quanto C2 model. Being a base model it does not have accessories. Please suggest accessories for the above model and from where should I purchase it in Delhi.

What I feel essential is the sides & back door foot step, gear lock, simple music system & seat covers. Dealer is giving the gear lock U look of Minda.

I have uploaded the Quanto Accessories list & prices. Please suggest if I go from market which Company product should I choose from & what are the market prices.

http://www.2shared.com/document/bimI0LvC/PRICE_LIST0001.html

Regards

Many congratulations on your new buy.

Assuming you are going for the ticked items on the PDF , you just cannot do without the floor mats , they should be the very first element that go in.

Rest all is subjective.

It is common knowledge that accessories from the showroom are relatively expensive , now that you have the list and have seen the accessories at the showroom, visit reputed accessories dealers and get quotes.

the basic idea is to get everything that involves extensive electrical connections /wire stripping (security systems , power windows ) done from the company dealer .

Other items that are just plug and play or that have predefined expansion slot in the car (ICE / Stereo ) and the rest that involve just nut bolt tightening (steps and guards) can be done from outside.

Do write back with what you plan on doing , also dont shy away from asking discounts on these items , buying the items as a consolidated package rather that individually can also save you a lot.

And most importantly , give us some sense of what deal did you get on the vehicle and start an ownership thread , our moderators will help you every step of the way if you encounter any difficulties.

Look for following:

1. floor mats
  2. Boot floor mat
  3. Seat Covers
  4. Stear wheel wrap (for added grip)
  5. Music system (you can opt from a basic UBS/Aux/CD with 4 speaker at 8K
  6. Side foot Step
  7. Rear foot step
  8. A car perfume

Apart from these you can also get car cover, wheel caps (as C2 is base model)

Please tell which will be the cost of reverse camera images to be displayed on rear view mirror. & which Company should I go with.

What I am looking for is seat covers, Security system & music system with speakers .

1. For this I have found that there are various types of seat covers like PU, Leather, Jute & cloth. I have heard that PU gets very hot, Leather is costly, cloth I don't like to put in my car & jute. Please tell which one is better of these & what type of seat covers should I go for i.e. normal seat covers, semi bucket or full bucket.

Budget: 4000-5000

2. Then comes security of the car. I am living in a gated society in Delhi so there is no problem for the car out there. But when we take the car out, we need security. Please suggest me which one should I go for, U look Gear lock or something else. My friend has suggested to put in a switch to start the car but I think it will void the warranty of the car. How is Xenos brand. Pls suggest.

Budget - 2000-3000

3. Now comes the music system. I don't want to spend much money as the car won't run much. But still.... Please tell if the old speakers of my home theatre system will work here, if no, which is the least expensive speakers I can buy and also tell me which music system should I go for.

Budget: 2000-3000

4. I also need a vacuum cleaner. Budget: 1000

5. Parking sensors or Video camera or combo of both of Accorate. Budget 4000. I have searched for it in market and found that the MP5 with video & sensors are coming for Rs.4000/- (Chinese). Can anyone suggest better?

6. Fog lights - which company & prices....?

7. Rain visor - Injection type but which company. Budget : 500

For seat cover my only suggestion is 1st use the original seat cover which can in as OE and wear them then after a couple of year buy new cover (not the slip on ones) in Art-leather (=PU) with ventilated perforation for extra breath in capabilities . I prefer cloth to art-leather though but then PU cover enhance the look of the car.

Get gear lock and keyless security system (safety+convenience) for Autocop/Xenos(both are good).

For music system I am not the right person to comment but you can definately use home theatre system but then you need to convertor DC 12V to AC 220V. Also the speaker will not fit snugly and will rattle in potholes and even come out if not secured properly . For 2-3k better spend on something other (you ain't gonna get good quality at this price).

I have Inalsa vaccum cleaner with me it costed approx 1.1k but the cleaning capacity is about average because it run of 12V DC of cigerette lighter. Try to get normal home vaccum cleaner (which is powerful than car vaccum cleaners) and use a power socket if you have in parking.

IRVM parking sensor cost around 2.5k (I have one of brand called SAI) and it is working flawlessly since 2 years. For a combo sensor you will need a reverse LCD on IRVM and they cost around 5-6k aftermarket with camera and sensors but don't know much about their reliablility.

1. For this I have found that there are various types of seat covers like PU, Leather, Jute & cloth. I have heard that PU gets very hot, Leather is costly, cloth I don't like to put in my car & jute. Please tell which one is better of these & what type of seat covers should I go for i.e. normal seat covers, semi bucket or full bucket.

Budget: 4000-5000

In this budget you can get good seat covers, however, if you want to go for leather, you need to strech a bit mroe for quality. Else, go for clothed and you can get them stiched for your car's fit within 2 to 3 hours that is too within 2.5K max.

Please go and check Karol Babh...there are many shops, some of them even custom stich and you can pick the material by your own.

2. Then comes security of the car. I am living in a gated society in Delhi so there is no problem for the car out there. But when we take the car out, we need security. Please suggest me which one should I go for, U look Gear lock or something else. My friend has suggested to put in a switch to start the car but I think it will void the warranty of the car. How is Xenos brand. Pls suggest.

Budget - 2000-3000

Gear would be suffiecient along with remote door lock system (autocop is good brand and they are supplier for MSIL). But only gear lock will cost you anything between 1200 to 1800. So for going in for remote door lock and sensors you need extra 5000.

3. Now comes the music system. I don't want to spend much money as the car won't run much. But still.... Please tell if the old speakers of my home theatre system will work here, if no, which is the least expensive speakers I can buy and also tell me which music system should I go for.

Budget: 2000-3000

Is it the budget for system or for speakers or for both. If speakers...then you can get good sony speakers from Reliance Autozone, also USB/AUX/FM system without CD will start 2500 Rs. brand would be JVC

4. I also need a vacuum cleaner. Budget: 1000

If you have a home vaccum cleaner then that should save you this money...else go for phillips or black & decker. Price would be 2000 to 4000

5. Parking sensors or Video camera or combo of both of Accorate. Budget 4000. I have searched for it in market and found that the MP5 with video & sensors are coming for Rs.4000/- (Chinese). Can anyone suggest better?

Well, again, Autocop rear parking sensor would come somewhere around 3000 and for a good quality 6 inch display with rear camera would cost you additional 6000 to 9000. I am not talking about chinese as durability is subjective. So better invest a little more rather then wasting money.

6. Fog lights - which company & prices....?

Go for Mahindra only, as this is something which may void the warranty. You can buy it from Authorised M&M parts dealer. I know a place in gurgaon who sells everything of M&M from Jeep Commander to XUV500 and is an authorized OE delear.

7. Rain visor - Injection type but which company. Budget : 500

Are you talking about window visors? If yes you can get it again from Karol bhag in this price else you would need to increase the budget

Edited by Sstar