Sign in to follow this  
SEN_SEL

USED FIAT LINEA - IS ITS WORTH A DEAL?

I have seen a FIAT LINEA 2010 EMOTION MULTIJET. Done 36000 kms, good condition, but when I test drove it I could feel the gear shift a bit tight. Is this normal in FIAT vehicles or is something wrong. The dealer is quoting 5.25 lac but agreed to settle for 5, pls suggest is this worth the deal.

You can get a similar deal if you fish around a little.

5 lacs for a 3 year old FIAT is just too steep. Even after considering its only 36k kms old.

The max this car can get is 3.75 lacs.

Also, do check why the car was sold in just under 40k kms... if you can get its service history, it may answer this.

5L is little on the higher side, I would say something aroung 4.30 to 4.50 would be ideal price for this FIAT which you are referencing here. Also, it is important especially when you are buying an used FIAT that you get detailed service history to be on the safer side.

Too high a price to pay for a Fiat Linea.

If you are not particular about the fuel type being diesel, you can get cracker of deals on sparingly used Honda Civics'/ Citys' in the same price range. They are very reliable cars and would comfortably last you another 5-6 years. If you are not stuck with buying only a sedan, than there are a couple of hatches which can fit your budget. Since these would be brand new cars, they would offer a lot more peace of mind.

I suggest that you bargain hard with the dealer as the same vehicle should not be costing beyond 4.3 lacs (checked with a dealer friend myself and as rightly quoted by buddy Sstar above) if its in an immaculate condition with detailed service history available. If he does not budge, move away and I am sure he will call you back within a week to ten days time. Their sales charts sing the story aloud that there aren't many buyers in the market for a Fiat vehicle. Don't throw away your hard earned money on something which you would regret purchasing later (avoid buyer's remorse).

Best wishes!

Fiat's have got a very low resale value in our country. Plus the dealer's and the network is crap after tata and their collaboration ended it was worse. I won't buy it even if he offers me 2lac. Negotiate

5lacs is a bit higher for a Linea crossed 36k. 3.5L to 4.20 would be ideal. And everyone knows fiat's service. So i think you should move on to another dealer. You can get some good deals in OLX or Quickr. Best of luck