scorpionragha

My LITTLE BEAST...FORD...ECOSPORT...ECOBOOST...MARS RED

Congrats scorpion for Mars red ES.

Ford will really feel happy & proud to see a loyal 2nd time consecutive ford car owner here in India, probably the scene which happens within Maruti or Hyundai range. Thumbs up

Good luck & have a happy miles ahead. :)

stay posted with FE & ownership updates.

Congrats scorpion. Hadn't seen a rust EcoSport on road expect TD vehicles probably, so you may find uniqueness on an otherwise common sight.

Thanks. I was made to wait 3 months from the prebooking to get my colour, i think it will definetly pay off with its unique presance on road.

Congrats scorpion for Mars red ES.

Ford will really feel happy & proud to see a loyal 2nd time consecutive ford car owner here in India, probably the scene which happens within Maruti or Hyundai range. Thumbs up

Good luck & have a happy miles ahead. :)

stay posted with FE & ownership updates.

Thanks. Little correction...this my third ford car.

1st ford fiesta(classic),2009, odometer reading 107000km,sold.

2nd ford fiesta(new) ,2011,odometer reading 44000km,Present.

3rd ford ecosport,2013,odometer reading 29km,present.

Many Congratulations to you.

This one looks really nice.

I haven't seen a single red one in Delhi , all i see here are white , black and blues and this dealership seems to have two red ones at a time.

Now for my favorite question, how much did it cost you ? give us a break up if possible.

Many Congratulations to you.

This one looks really nice.

I haven't seen a single red one in Delhi , all i see here are white , black and blues and this dealership seems to have two red ones at a time.

Now for my favorite question, how much did it cost you ? give us a break up if possible.

Thanks.

exshowroom-rs.885277

reg&tax-rs.111914

insurancers.-33771, but i got insurance from hdfc ergo bumper to bumper for rs 23400.

essential pack-rs.7700(mud flap,carpet mat,waxoyl)-i deducted waxoyl since i will take it to 3m for paintsealent treatment so my amount was rs.4500.

total on road price rs.1025091.

@scorpionragha, many congrats on your new ES.

Top 3 colours for ES according to me is Red, Grey and Blue.

Though there are many white ES but that colour doesn't look that good.

exshowroom-rs.885277

So i guess you paid as per new increased prices?

Ex-Delhi ES Ecoboost Titanium(O) is 8.66 lacs, does ex-showroom prices vary that much?

Did you pay the hiked price or launch price for the ES . Anyways I think this is the best engine and trim to have on ES and many congratulation. Don't forget to idle the car for atleast 30 secs before switching off so that the oil supply to the turbo remains after spirited driving.

@scorpionragha, many congrats on your new ES.

Top 3 colours for ES according to me is Red, Grey and Blue.

Though there are many white ES but that colour doesn't look that good.

So i guess you paid as per new increased prices?

Ex-Delhi ES Ecoboost Titanium(O) is 8.66 lacs, does ex-showroom prices vary that much?

thanks.

Yes i paid the hiked price it was around rs40000.

Did you pay the hiked price or launch price for the ES . Anyways I think this is the best engine and trim to have on ES and many congratulation. Don't forget to idle the car for atleast 30 secs before switching off so that the oil supply to the turbo remains after spirited driving.

Thanks.

Yes i am aware of that idling rule...thanks for your input.

Congratulations. I was waiting for you to post your review. The car looks awesome and Im sure you are enjoying the Ecoboost engine. Looking forward to your initial impressions and more pics. Drive safe :)

Thanks.

I will provide my initial impressions soon.

Congrats scorpion, how waiting period did you have to face for ES?

Thanks.

I was waiting for exactly 3 months from the prebooking period.

Many congratulations on our your buy. Have you fiddled with your car. Is sync worth the hype ?

Thanks.

I will update you regarding the sync.

Hi everyone,

I am yet to take the delivery of my little beast.I was waiting for the advance registration number. I got the number today, will register my little beast tommorrow & the fun begins from the evening.

You take real good care of your car.

Buying insurance from outside was a great move it really saved you money and gave you additional protection and the 3M treatmentis sure to do wonders , have heard a lot about it but how different is it from the Waxoyl treatment you opted out of.

Did you pay extra for your desired registration number also ?

So the blue and red will be parked side by side in the night today.

You take real good care of your car.

Buying insurance from outside was a great move it really saved you money and gave you additional protection and the 3M treatmentis sure to do wonders , have heard a lot about it but how different is it from the Waxoyl treatment you opted out of.

Did you pay extra for your desired registration number also ?

So the blue and red will be parked side by side in the night today.

thanks for your compliments..

I paid rs 40000 for d desired register number...it an legal government fee here. We can take number from the present series till the next 4 series, example when I registered my car the series was TN 18 R. I had the option to take the number in R, S, T, AA. I thought AA would look better also it was the start of double series in our rto....so went for it.....

Hi everyone right now I am in 3m car care , annanagar, chennai.

My list of jobs here today is,

1. paint sealant-rs 3697.

2.underbody coating 5yrs warranty-rs 3584.

3.3m nomad car mats-rs 6286.

4.sun film RE 70-rs 6172.

5.paint protection film (ppf)-rs 790 (door edges), rs 790 (door handle gap), rs 1190 ( rear view mirrors).

total its around rs 22000.

will update you with pictures after the job is over.

WHY ECOSPORT?

Our ford fiesta (classic) have crossed 1lakh km. We are in need to replace the car.I was researching about which one to buy.I thought I need a unique vehicle.I was actually comfortable with the ford cars. You all know that I also own an all new fiesta.

I came to know that ford is preparing to launch an compact SUV. Then at the auto expo delhi 2012 they displayed the ecosport.I was really excited with the way it looked. At that moment I thought this would be my next car. Actually I dont like SUV s because they are not fun to drive like an sedan or an hatchback. But I heard that the ecosport is based on the fiesta platform so I expected it to handle well. Fiesta being an excellent driver's car. So I trusted ford blindly that they would give the ecosport with good driving dynamics.

Then came the review of ecosport from brazil, that review showed how good the ecosport is to drive. I was overjoyed. Confirmed myself that this is next car.

To be true I dint even consider any other car.

BOOKING & DELIVERY:

I booked the car during the first day when the prebooking(june 13th) started.

Straight away booked 1.o ecoboost, titaniun option, mars red colour. My dealer was chennai ford, arumbakkam, chennai. This my third car from the dealerrship.

Straight away I was told that my variant would arrive only by august end. I was also told that the ecoboost variant production is very less.

I was constantly in touch with the dealer.Meanwhile they delivered two ecoboost powered ecosport. One is Diamond white, the other is chill metallic. Actually mine was the third ecoboost car from the dealer.

Actually mine was the first ecosport titaniun option, ecoboost variant in mars red.

I received the call on september 10th that my car is in transit. I asked the salesperson to give the VIN number of my car.He gave me the details. I decoded it & found to be manufactured in the month september 2013. Yes its a brand new car.Then I went on to complete the formalities.

I saw the car in flesh on 16th.It was perfect.Decided to take delivery before 21st.

20th september 2013- It is the day when my 3 month long wait came to an end. Took delivery of the car in the evening. Delivery process was smooth.Nearly 10 of my family members came to the dealership when I took delivery. My daughter Dhriti (2.5yrs) & son adhvaith (3.5yrs) was very happy when I got the car, they really liked the mars red colour & everytime for the past 3 months they used to tell me to bring the car soon. They really enjoyed the car.

Went straight to the temple & did pooja. Now I have fallen in love with my ecosport.

INITIAL DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

ENGINE: To start I am saying it I am IMPRESSED. Actually in idle we can't make out whether the engine is running or not, it's that quiet. We can hear the engine noise at higher revs. its actually sporty.

There is a bit of lag initially but that's not a problem at all when one who knows to handle the turbo charged cars. 1500-4500 is what the torque spread is and one can feel it. Engine pulls well.we are 5 adults travelling over a flyover, it didn't feel overpower at all. Felt like an bigger engine. I am itching to go faster but couldn't do it till atleast 1000km for the engine to settle. I could feel the vibrations on the accelerator pedal at higher revs, but not so intrusive.

NVH : Brilliant NVH levels. It is so quite inside the cabin.

RIDE: A bit on the firmer side, one can feel the little bumps at city speeds, but it is completely flat at higher speeds. Typical of all Ford. It is actually felt firmer than new fiesta.

HANDLING: Here comes the its DNA. Simply superb. I can easily rate it at par with the new fiesta, initially I felt suspicious because it's an SUV. I am driving it the way I drive the fiesta but with a little caution.

GEAR BOX: It's slick, has short throws. actually the heart lever is shorter in length than the new fiesta.

STEERING: It's very light at city speeds, lighter than new fiesta. But here comes its ability, at highway speeds its very very responsive. Even the slightest of movement will make it change direction eagerly.

BUILT QUALITY: I am impressed. It reminds of the tag line, BUILT TOUGH, FORD TOUGH. None of my family members has closed the door completely in one go....you know what I even close the twice sometimes. It's that heavy.

SPACE: On the front its very comfortable, at the rear its has a good knee & leg room. But I am doubtful about the security width. I think it's a little bit on the lesser side than the fiesta.

The leather seats are very good both visually & for comfort.

MUSIC PLAYER: It's simply superb. Has loads of functions, yet to explore it fully.

TYRES: Luckily I got Goodyear assurance tyres. its 205/60 r16 size. I felt it to give an decent grip. but felt it to be noisy.Have to find its ability at higher speeds.

BOOT SPACE: It's around 350 litres I guess.Only just adequate.

HEAD LIGHT & FOG: It has a decent throw and it's adequate but felt that one on my new fiesta was slightly better. The fog lights are brighter, I felt it to be brighter than the new fiesta. But there is no fog lamps at the rear.

FUEL ECONOMY: My car shows 11 kmpl. I think it's too early to tell. will update you about this in the long run.