scorpionragha

My LITTLE BEAST...FORD...ECOSPORT...ECOBOOST...MARS RED

Thanks ragha for the detailed initial driving experience, but i am very much doubtfull of the ecoboost engine, is it a capable engine in long run, does the turbo charger become dead after few years, I have booked an ecoboost titanium (o) silver colour and i am fed up of the ford waiting period, so thus, these questions arise in my mind. As you are a owner of ecoboost engine please suggest me whether to stick to ecoboost or shift to 1.5P. Thank you in advance.

Loved all the pics.

Happy to see The BLUE and the RED , that i had mentioned in my earlier post , together.

The treatment looks awesome.

Seeing cars treated this way always brings an instant smile to my face and respect for the owner.

Wow ! is the 1st word comes to mind after seeing onto these pics.

You're having great experience of fitting such kind of essential stuff to prevent early scratches, etc else other get the latter before getting of this preventive treatment.

It'll definitely help other members also for knowledge as well as practicality sake.

Isn't that ORVM, door handle protection is some cold lamination paper type stuff, generally used to laminate cell phone back panels ! I think.

Congrats on the new beast! We are planning to replace our Scorpio with a compact Suv like Duster or Ecosport. Can you tell me the reason why you went for this car than Duster except the Ford loyalty one? And how much did you pay for the 3m anti rust coating and all the process?

Thanks in Advance :D

Thanks ragha for the detailed initial driving experience, but i am very much doubtfull of the ecoboost engine, is it a capable engine in long run, does the turbo charger become dead after few years, I have booked an ecoboost titanium (o) silver colour and i am fed up of the ford waiting period, so thus, these questions arise in my mind. As you are a owner of ecoboost engine please suggest me whether to stick to ecoboost or shift to 1.5P. Thank you in advance.

thanks.

Nowadays all the engines are turbocharged ones. These turbocarger will last long. I think you have made the right decision on booking the ecoboost engine. This engine has created a huge impact worldwide.

Loved all the pics.

Happy to see The BLUE and the RED , that i had mentioned in my earlier post , together.

The treatment looks awesome.

Seeing cars treated this way always brings an instant smile to my face and respect for the owner.

Thanks. I posted the picture especially for you.

Congrats on the new beast! We are planning to replace our Scorpio with a compact Suv like Duster or Ecosport. Can you tell me the reason why you went for this car than Duster except the Ford loyalty one? And how much did you pay for the 3m anti rust coating and all the process?

Thanks in Advance :D

Thanks. I dint consider duster because it is an old product in other parts of the world but for india. Duster Facelift have been launched recently in an auto show. Its better to wait for the facelifted duster here. Also you better look for the nissan terrano its much more better looking than the duster. Launch in october.

I have mentioned the amount spent in the 3m car care in post no20.

I wish I knew about the PPF when I bought my car ,it really helps when a bike knocks the mirror.

Also don't forget to add the underbody engine cladding that the diesel version of the Ecosport gets its really a life saver for the oil sump and peace of mind.

Headlamps: Futuristic, slimmer, provide adequate illumination.

GV74xxnl.jpg

Fog lamps: Powerful.

Uc1q55Jl.jpg

Chunky ORVM: Provide good field of vision, But missing the electric fold function.

BLkPguBl.jpg

Door handle; Are thick. Note the keyless entry button.

0Xw7fzYl.jpg

Neatly integrated rear door handle.

olrinLNl.jpg

Rear parking sensors are good, they even take in account of the rear spare wheels. Reverse lights are bright & are on both sides.

henUTnSl.jpg

Rear quarter glass area, gives it a nice look, Note the rised edges called kicker-used to deflect the air making the car aerodynamic.

r3jWhTKl.jpg

Tyres: 205/60 r16. Goodyear assurance. Provide adequate grip. A bit noisy.

Alloys: Really an eye catching design. Best for an OE.

6syRmvyl.jpg

Note the rim protector in the tyres. These are raised edges near the alloy wheels, to protect the alloys from damages. Surprised to see it in the goodyear OE tyres.

WUe2WZul.jpg

Engine;

This is what i fell for a petrol engine...ECOBOOST.

LhkgQwjl.jpg

This engine has good drivebility.Good power, never felt it to be an 1 litre engine in any circumstances.

Sound insulation in engine bay.

03B8HCvl.jpg

Engine made in germany, cologne in april 2013.

63fesXcl.jpg

Engine oil, synthetic.

65N5nlMl.jpg

Good review, I believe that I am the only person on forum who is not in love with shape of the EB, certainly engine is an engineering marble and state of art technology however I strongly feel the EB is a "disproption in size n shape" being nostalgic for Maruti vain dolphin or three wheel Badal(one of the rare breed of car in 1980-90).

Thanks. Little correction...this my third ford car.

1st ford fiesta(classic),2009, odometer reading 107000km,sold.

2nd ford fiesta(new) ,2011,odometer reading 44000km,Present.

3rd ford ecosport,2013,odometer reading 29km,present.

Congratulations, man!

As someone keen to get (in line for) an EcoSport very soon and having never owned a Ford before, I'm curious to know what the experience has been like for you.

As you are on your third Ford now, I'm sure you've had a good experience with the company. I've had Hondas for the past ten years, and they have been great with showroom, sales, after-sales and service.

I went to a Ford dealership in Mumbai, and it was a disaster. The staff didn't seem to want to even try and sell me a car, they didn't know their product inside out, and worst of all, they were flippant about the waiting period - laughing at the fact that I can't book one until next year, and making jokes about the recall of the diesel model. "Haha, yeah we messed up big time," is along the lines of what the guy said.

Now, I know the car is good, so I don't need them to sell it to me. As a result, the first impression of that showroom doesn't bother me too much. I just want to know that the same carelessness doesn't carry on in the workshop and service centre. I just want a little peace of mind. When I give my (eventual) Ford Ecosport in for its services and repairs, I just want it to be a straightforward, hassle-free process.

Sorry to put a downer on this interesting thread, but like you, I enjoy Ford cars, and I really want to own one. :-)

Hi. Your Review was great. The picture spoke for its own. Please do post some interior pictures too. Also post your new reviews after taking it for a long trip. Keep this thread alive. All the best for your new Eco sport. Am waiting for my turn. Lets catch up soon. I have booked TDCI Titanium (o).