bhavneet

My 1st diesel car -> Ownership review #10000 Kms #SwiftVdi :D

Hey everyone! My 1st review about my 1st self owned car (till now it was Bapu di gaddiyan :D) of 1st diesel car in the family! Hope you'll enjoy it.

Research begins : It started in Feb after my reliable Santro Xing (CNG fitted) back stabbed me by suddenly giving issues while driving on petrol. Got it checked from the Hyundai people, i was shocked to hear that a piston needs replacement and a total bill of 30k would tear my pockets! Car was 7 years old and 65k Kms on the Odo! My decision , I need to get rid of it. Another tedious task followed, convincing my parents :ph34r: . Since I was new to my job, buying a new ride was a very thoughtful process. Well my parents thought and gave a green light to move forward for the research .

Since my job requires a lot of travelling, I asked the Autocar gurus , the ever confusing question ->Petrol vs Diesel?! So after getting convincing advice from the gurus, Diesel was the answer. Budget was decided , 7 Lakhs, Ride to be researched!

Always wanted my 1st self owned ride to be Swift, so it resided in 3/4th parts of my head B) . 1/4th part looked into Amaze, Etios, Polo, i20. I stayed optimistic for Amaze till the time I took a test drive. I was Amazed by the interior space, but "de-amazed" with the vibrations and noise of the motor! Paying 7 lakhs and still getting a rough ride, Naaah! Swift it is! . 3rd May I booked my ride with blessings from my parents @ AAA vehicleads, Malviya Nagar since they offered the best buyback of Santro. I wanted my ride on 10th May, and it came to me on 10th! :D

post-8727-0-24305700-1379846674_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-11345400-1379846683_thumb.jp

Delivery process was smooth, courtesy extended was good from Maruti. Now the journey begins!

1st thing, baby gets all ICED up: Being a German Audio Fan, Blaupunkt was my choice keeping the budget constraints in consideration. Following are the spices added to it B)

• Pioneer DEHX8550BT
  • Blaupunkt blue series components - 2sets
  • Blaupunkt Gtb Sub enclosure
  • Blaupunkt Gta 4 channel amp

Along with the ICE setup, in goes leatherite seat covers with bucket fitting and basic accessories : parking sensors, floor mats, door beadings, mud flaps.

post-8727-0-65002900-1379846761_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-62969900-1379846815_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-56360700-1379846879_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-56215700-1379846896_thumb.jp

1st service, 1000 Kms, 2 weeks: Since it was my 1st diesel car, getting used to the "turbo - Kick" was ,hmm, how do i put it in words, I Liked it! Overtaking was made easy! Handling was great, Steering felt awesome, ride was stable and pliant at 130Kmph, but the only disappointment -> Stupid slim tyres! I got a feeling that car is gonna slide of while turning on to a flyover! Had to get them changed. Time for 1st service, simple washing , regular check up, nothing great.

post-8727-0-04241900-1379846852_thumb.jp

Tyre changing time, 3000 Kms: Time to get rid of these slim tyres :rolleyes: . Again taking advice from Autocar gurus, exchanged these 165/85/14 tyres to 185/65/15 along with some unique rims :D. Pics below. Vast improvement in handling now specially around the corner, ride has become more pliant and grippy. Although steering is a bit heavy now. Total Bill came out to be 28k including alloys. 8k was offered as buyback for old tyres.

post-8727-0-66378500-1379846948_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-16689100-1379846988_thumb.jp

post-8727-0-48399600-1379847025_thumb.jp

2nd service, 5000 Kms , 2.5 months : Quite satisfied with my ride , again a normal checkup, washing at the service.

1st moment of disappointment, Rattling noise from the rear end! Normal day, normal ride, normal music, ahhrrr there i hear some rattling irritating noise :angry: . Stopped, looked , finally figured it was the stupid rear door panel that was the culprit. Solution -> took it out, applied some damping sheets on it to make it heavy, Problem solved B)

post-8727-0-61495700-1379847300_thumb.jp

3rd service, 10000 Kms, Almost 5 months: Now the engine oil and oil filter was supposed to be replaced. Did some research about synthetic and mineral oils, didn't know much about them, so laid my faith on the service adviser at Maruti masters. He told me Castrol mineral oil will be fine for it. Total expenditure of 3rd service 1900 bucks which included, engine oil and filter , air filter and come sensor cleaning.

PS: Before the 3rd service i was getting an in city mileage of 17 Kmpl with AC. The meter read 16.7. I don't know by how much its gonna improve after the 3rd service.

This is my experience till date, i'll keep on updating it as the journey continues! Suggestions and feedback welcome :) . Cheers !

Nicely written Bhavneet.

Those miniature boxing gloves hanging on the the rear view mirror look so cool!

I want one for my car too!!!! :D

Those alloy wheels look awesome! Plati Alloys, are they?

Must say.. You have a nice taste!!

Enjoy your ride.

Nicely written Bhavneet.

Those miniature boxing gloves hanging on the the rear view mirror look so cool!

I want one for my car too!!!! :D

Those alloy wheels look awesome! Plati Alloys, are they?

Must say.. You have a nice taste!!

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks Shashank! Those are stallion alloys.

Many Congratulations.Happy for you.

I myself bought One Swift from this very dealer,the waiting period was 4 months back then, i was OK with it.

The problem began when i booked my Second Swift with them, i thought that as i was a returning customer i will be treated well but that was not to happen , they kept me waiting for almost an year and in the end i had my booking cancelled /transferred to another buyer.

Though i made money on the transfer , the name of the dealer creeps me.

Tell me more about the damping sheets ? where do you get these? was it a DIY job by you or done at an accessories outlet.

Many Congratulations.Happy for you.

I myself bought One Swift from this very dealer,the waiting period was 4 months back then, i was OK with it.

The problem began when i booked my Second Swift with them, i thought that as i was a returning customer i will be treated well but that was not to happen , they kept me waiting for almost an year and in the end i had my booking cancelled /transferred to another buyer.

Though i made money on the transfer , the name of the dealer creeps me.

Tell me more about the damping sheets ? where do you get these? was it a DIY job by you or done at an accessories outlet.

Thanks Librankur. Sorry to hear your experience of the dealer. Atleast you made money on the transfer ;) . The damping was a DIY, pretty simple though. These sheets was bought around 2 years back , dunno the brand though.

Great review :)

Short simple and crisp ...great job on those alloys and music system :) !!

keep writting more about driving ecperiences !

Thanks man! :D

Nice review. I liked those alloys. Your car looks like a beast. Do Post regular updates. :) :)

Thanks mate! That's the best comment till date for my ride! Highly Appreciate it! :):rolleyes: