Sign in to follow this  
AMG1

Suzuki shows 7-seater Wagon R MPV

Suzuki has shown a new MPV based on the 7-seater Wagon R at the Indonesian Motor Show.

Basically, this looks like a stretch version of the Indian-spec Wagon R. This could be great competitor to the upcoming Datsun Go + MPV.

What needs to be seen is whether Maruti will bring it to India or not?

post-4747-0-14135800-1380525355_thumb.jppost-4747-0-29565000-1380525365_thumb.jppost-4747-0-86619300-1380525371_thumb.jp

post-4747-0-15015200-1380525374.jpg

post-4747-0-61757200-1380525379_thumb.jp

Source

Nice! The MPVs are in more demand today and Maruti Suzuki had taken a step forward to it with the WagonR MPV. As the Ertiga got good success in the year, Hope this car comes to India and Do the same as Ertiga did. :)

Post Edited: Don't create the entire post in bigger font sizes or bold letters.

Since it's based on same Wagon-R, what it's built in India incontext to the nose Indian Wagon-R is having to accommodate the k-series petrol engine. So, its already the job done for Maruti Suzuki for India & since Wagon-R is a volume & highly localized product here, i expect this to be a sure shot product for India & expectedly going to be unveiled at upcoming Auto Expo 2014.

However, a Diesel engine for this segment might be skeptical about the diesel engine in this segment yet.

On the other hands, Datsun has already got the rival born for the segment it seems to have invented for value concious markets.

7 seater WagonR should come to India .I guess it will fit in 7-9 lacks or slightly lower.Intersting thing is What engine Marutisuzuki will offer to this product?

Clever thinking by Maruti. WagonR is already a hugely practical car & adding a 3rd row will make Indian buyers happier. The car has all the ingredients already, only need to lengthen the 3rd row.

At a price of 30-50K more than the regular WR should do it for Maruti.

It looks very promising and Indian debut should be on the card from MSIL side. However, the point to note here would be what engine option it comes with....definitely 1.2K series would be in petrol but what would be more interesting to see is if it is going to be 1.3 DDiS or Maruti's home made 1.4 new diesel mill would do the buty.

I put my penny on its AutoExpo showcase in 2014.

Was wondering who will be their target customers (in India) ? An Ertiga customer would surely not go for this. An Eeco customer might want to upgrade. It is more likely to be offered in petrol or LPG/CNG version. Diesel would take the cost higher. Looks apart, would be a practical car in India.

I still would like to beilieve that it would not be a runaway success like Ertiga. Since it is a compromise in terms of comfort, then why not go for Eeco.

Since the length of engine bay looks similar to regular Wagon R, diesel is out of question. Look closely at the third row, there is no boot space!

So its difficult to say whom MSIL will target if they decide to bring it here ( which looks quite improbable to me right now) .

Intracity cab, I guess !

onder how safe the 3rd row seats are though in the event of rear end crash. although we don t have strict crash test standards in India, its saddening to see that companies are adding features which compromise on the safety of the occupants( such as the mahindra Quanto and datsun go)