Sign in to follow this  
pankajm

CNG - Company Fitted

Hi All,

With rising fuel cost cars are no longer affordable. The only fuel type that is affordable is CNG. Only Maruti have launch 6 models,Honda 1 and now Tata. I would like to know why companies are not launching CNG powered vehicles across its models. Also I am interested to purchase Swift Dzire however do we have any news on when Maruti would launch CNG version for this model.

My view is that CNG filling stations are not yet reached all the cities and all the areas like the petrol and diesel pumps in India

There is no point in companies introducing CNG powered vehicles when the CNG filling stations are quite few (Very few actually).

Hi All,

With rising fuel cost cars are no longer affordable. The only fuel type that is affordable is CNG. Only Maruti have launch 6 models,Honda 1 and now Tata. I would like to know why companies are not launching CNG powered vehicles across its models. Also I am interested to purchase Swift Dzire however do we have any news on when Maruti would launch CNG version for this model.

You can buy Dzire and get the CNG kit fitted from renowned dealers. There is no such thing as "company fitted CNG". The cars are sent to these authorized dealers prior to delivery for the CNG fitting and then given to customers which are termed as "company fitted CNG".

After the petrol price was decontrolled and now Diesel will be, so CNG is the best alternative fuel now. But less availability of CNG is the main issue and the reason for very few CNG models.

If you want to fit a CNG kit after buying a new car, I would suggest you to have the initial running period on petrol only. It would help to settle or mate the engine components well as it is solely designed for petrol.